Bill Gates, Humanitarian Demon (1 Viewer)

HSC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4551131.stm
US computer billionaire Bill Gates has doubled the funding he gives to a body set up to fight disease in the developing world.
I know this probably belongs in news and current affairs, but given the bad report he seems to cop in here I thought it might be more appreciated by you folks.

For such an (apparently) evil mother fucker, he does alright. Of course a load of people will be scoffing and saying he's buying good publicity, which may be the case, but it's undeniable that the money is going to a good cause, and I think it's fairly admirable no matter how you look at it.

Hell, I don't even mind "selling my soul" to the evil MS devil if this is where the money goes. Thoughts, anyone? :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah hes a great guy actually. Through the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation he has donated millions...

And hes actually doing it beacuse hes passionate about some of the causes.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, i'm a fan of bill gates as well :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i tihnk alot of people hate his so much is cuase they are jelous he is so rich. its not like he illegally get that much wealth or did sometihng that harmed others in the process. he put alot of effort into getting this big so i reckon he is not a bad guy.

i hate how michael moore always critiseses how he is so wealthy and that he is a greedy bastard , but michael moore is another story, bill gates peace dude, oh btw if u read this can i please have a million or two?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think Bill Gates is OK. I also think Macs are ok, though, so...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
Haha, I remember seeing that before :) I can't help but feel that it's wrong though, if they're using ascii values it should be + 51 rather than 3 for the "3". :)
yeh why do they add a 1 to the end of windows95? thats stupid, i mean u can just add anynumber to make it equal 666.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)