Bio Assessment (1 Viewer)

Digitalis

HSC
Hey everyone

I've got a Bio assignment due in a few weeks for my HSC, and i cant find information on nitrogenous wastes and the Eastern Grey Kangaroo, so i was wonderring if anyone on here could help me out ??

And before you say, google it
i already have lol

So i need to "name nitrogenous wastes produced (so like Urea or Urine etc)", "describe how nitrogenous wastes are excreted", "How they're produced - describe concentration" and relate water conservation to the nitrogenous waste excretion, which i should be able to do if i have the previous information

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

bio_nut

HSC
Your bio textbooks has all the answers to those questions in it, as they come from the dotpoints.

Also, google "waste excretion in animals" and you come up with heaps.

Mango Memories

HSC
The desert living REd Kangaroo have the ability to produce small amounts of highly concentrated urine.

They achieve this by:

* Having longer tubules in their kidney nephrons which allows for more reabsorption of water back into the blood.

* the cells lining the tubules are able to actively transport urea from blood into urine. So not only is urea reabsorbed from the " filtrate: liquid, but is actively " pumped" from the blood.

This results in less water and more urea in the urine.

Source Keep it simple science HSC biology. ; maintaining a balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)