bio independent trials!!! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i did my bio trials.....today.....r teacher gave us the independent ones....it was pretty gud co'z it had none of those dna replication n stuff ( sec 4 of mod 2) ...the MCQ were a bit ambiguous....

neways it was gud overall!!!:D

i will post my marks when i get it!!!
gud luck to all!!!!:)

Akira_Tikira

That one was difficult, especially the multiple choice, I thought the question about punctutated equilirbiums was hard and the labelling of the eye

jims

HSC
did the independent have a question where they gave you a pedigree of a family with albanism and they asked you whether the gene was recessive or dominant?

Beffy

i did the independant trial today... i agree the puctuated equilibrium question was hard, and some of the mc questions didnt appear to have a correct answer

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by jims
did the independent have a question where they gave you a pedigree of a family with albanism and they asked you whether the gene was recessive or dominant?
yes it did and our teacher marked us wether we said it was reccesive or dominant becuase she felt the diagram was inconclusive..naturally i put recessive..lol.. i thought it was a good questions.if fact the whole paper was relatively simple.. 96.5% was my result.. i stuffed up 3 questions..
oh well
good luck everyone else

jims

HSC
yeh i put dominant too, even though it is recessive and while writing dominant i knew it was recessive and the marking guide says its recessive. i would not have been able to think of any justification had i said its recessive other than 'everybody knows albanism is a recessive trait'.

anyway 96.5% is pretty damn good.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i put dominant and got the whole thing WRONG :(
if you did put dominant, you better pray you had an outstanding justification, or you'll get nothing :(

Akira_Tikira

Okay
We know it must be recessive from theory so our first answer must be recessive. Then, we must look at how many people have the condition and how many do not....

If you count the people with the albanolism and the people without it......The ratio is approx 3:1 which is the mendalian ratio....

I stuffed up the questions with the practical....

s2ophie

HSC
albinsm questions annoy me. I don't mean to be prejudiced against albino people but why do they have so many children when they know they coud get albinism!!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ok we are doing the independent tomorrow..... can someone just answer one thing for me- i know its kind of cheating but im freaking out...
is there any shit on xylem and phloem???????????????????????
so when your saying there was nothing on section 4 are you certain? like nothing on protein synthesis or dna replication and shit?????? man im soooooooooooo scared considering i have english modules tomorrow too and i havent even started studying for that yet

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
ok we are doing the independent tomorrow..... can someone just answer one thing for me- i know its kind of cheating but im freaking out...
is there any shit on xylem and phloem???????????????????????
so when your saying there was nothing on section 4 are you certain? like nothing on protein synthesis or dna replication and shit??????
i'm sorry to tell you, all those things that you mentioned are in it.....and i just helped you out, so thank me. (now i feel dirty for cheating for you)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yes thank you very much although now i am freaking out because i know shit all about that stuff!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by elizabethy
it was pretty gud co'z it had none of those dna replication n stuff ( sec 4 of mod 2)
ahhhhh who is lying here........ i wish that shit wasnt in it but one of you says yes and the other no.... ahh well worst comes to worse i fail

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
DNA replication is DEFINATELY in it :) But protein synthesise, i'm not so sure

Ryu(korean)

~~

I thought bio was hard~ but in this trials (independent test)

i got 94.5% ~a real confidence booster 4 me!:D

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh did it today.... it wasnt hard but it wasnt easy.... the pedigree was bullshit i dont see how you could draw any conclusions.... they didnt tell you if parents were homozygous or heterozygous so i dont know how else... i put recessive though....
DNA replication? i didnt see any of that in there.... hmmmmmm
hahaha survior xylem and phloem..... i bullshitted my way through that soooooooo much.....
and there was a question that part 1 & 2 repeated themselves fully... the stuff about using an animal and how the reproductive technologies will affect the development of the species and then the next part was about how it will effect the evolution of the species.....something along those lines... man it was the same bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!
did anyone else have everyone finishing REALLY early.... most of the people had left like 2 hours into it with people starting to leave like 1 hour into it.... i finished like 1/2 hour before and looked over my paper so left with 15 minutes left

tempco

HSC
just wonderin.. is it possible for someone to post up the independant trial paper? i'd really appreciate it!

thanks!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
my paper was a mixture from other paper, so i'm not sure, but i had to draw DNA model and it's significance

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
just wonderin.. is it possible for someone to post up the independant trial paper?
there is a specific date before any bought papers can be released by teachers, we can't get the independent papers until the security period is ove to make sure the integrity of the students doing the trials.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
methinks i'm gonna get some extra marks.

my teacher crossed my answer of kangaroos sweating.. in response to temperature changes.. she says kangaroos don't sweat but excel says "it also pants and sweats"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)