Biol1003 (1 Viewer)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
To those that have done it before,

It seems a ridiculously unorganised and complex course. Theres the lectures, syllabus outcomes and HBOnline which often is talking about 3 completely different things. It seems ridiculous to expect us to know all three in depth when more than half the syllabus is not actually taught in lectures and the HBOnline tends to be a whole new level of complexity.

Where should people doing this subject dedicate most of their study time to?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
To those that have done it before,

It seems a ridiculously unorganised and complex course. Theres the lectures, syllabus outcomes and HBOnline which often is talking about 3 completely different things. It seems ridiculous to expect us to know all three in depth when more than half the syllabus is not actually taught in lectures and the HBOnline tends to be a whole new level of complexity.

Where should people doing this subject dedicate most of their study time to?
HBOnline was something I used for revision after studying lecture and practical objectives. So I spent most of my time reading the textbooks and rewriting lecture summaries to see what I understood and what needed to be focused on. But it probs changed since I did BIOL1003.

bangladesh

HSC
I do biol1993 but the lectures are the same.. I don't find it difficult at all, but maybe that's because we don't have to do any HBonline ..

Lopemann

HSC
Listen to the recordings and do past papers.
That is all for the final.

Lopemann

HSC
Sure it is possible to get a D (most people I know get a Credit or D) but people tend to get a good mark in report...

I guess your lecturers will provide the past papers.
Calm down and listen to the recordings :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
As someone that did SSP Human, looking through HBonline a little would have helped with the questions for because you had to be familiar with the anatomical phrases (posterior, anterior, superior etc.) and of course, general anatomy. Helps to reinforce the lectures that seem very removed from the SSP material because we didn't really do the labs to reinforce anatomy.

That said, if you've understood your prac work this sem, the non MC part is a cinch though.

I would not lament the test so much, even if you don't know things exactly you can easily narrow it to the most sensible option. There is also no time rush in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)