Biology HSC cutoff (1 Viewer)

lai.9

HSC
Hey guys, I did my biology HSC this year and I wondering what the raw cutoff for a band 6 could be. The exam was a lot different compared to the past HSC papers so many people found it difficult I guess. Thxs for your help!!

fet

HSC
Hey guys, I did my biology HSC this year and I wondering what the raw cutoff for a band 6 could be. The exam was a lot different compared to the past HSC papers so many people found it difficult I guess. Thxs for your help!!
me too!! I think maybe 75-80 raw? this year's paper seemed mediocre although it was v different to previous years and I'm certain that much of the cohort smashed it which means the cutoff can't be too low. so yea I think 75-80 raw, 80+ might be too high because the paper was kinda difficult

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
The results come in literally a few days. Just wait it out, stop stressing that much. =)

Reactions: fet

lai.9

HSC
me too!! I think maybe 75-80 raw? this year's paper seemed mediocre although it was v different to previous years and I'm certain that much of the cohort smashed it which means the cutoff can't be too low. so yea I think 75-80 raw, 80+ might be too high because the paper was kinda difficult
I found it alright, but my teachers a HSC marker and I've heard that people didn't really do well as they are marking the HSC more harshly this year compared to other years.

Husky

HSC
I found it alright, but my teachers a HSC marker and I've heard that people didn't really do well as they are marking the HSC more harshly this year compared to other years.
Why would they mark harsher for this year of all years... It’s a completely new syllabus, teachers and students were heavily unprepared for the exams. It just doesn’t make sense tbh

lai.9

HSC
Why would they mark harsher for this year of all years... It’s a completely new syllabus, teachers and students were heavily unprepared for the exams. It just doesn’t make sense tbh
I actually don’t know. But I heard that they were looking for specific answers. I might be wrong. Even if they did mark harshly, it’ll probably benefit us by lowering the cutoff mark for band 6.
Cheers.

大きい男

HSC
I actually don’t know. But I heard that they were looking for specific answers. I might be wrong. Even if they did mark harshly, it’ll probably benefit us by lowering the cutoff mark for band 6.
Cheers.
But if people did worse on average, wouldn't that lower the B6 cutoff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)