Biology overrrrrrrrrrr (1 Viewer)

kegbeer

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what did everyone think?
good bad or totally sucked rectum?
personally i found a lot of questions especially in the option rather gay cauze they focused on insignificant specifics that i din't learn. A few questions in the first part were ok...multiple choice was good.....pasteur and koch section was good....hated the phloem transport cauze i studied the xylem and the random segregation cauze i studied crossing over....oh well no more and a 2 week break till pdh.

HSC
that was the shittest, most badly written exam i have ever seen......i really am pissed off at it.......it doesnt seem like they looked at the syllabus at all! i am fucking pissed at u BOS u fucked me over big time....some was good but 7 marks in the option for an energy transfer and structures that do this?!! WTF! that was fucked in the head and i didnt have enuff room to write anything......majorly pissed......

mariah

so how'd everyone go?

How was it?...rthe multiple choices were seriously confusing the best thing to do is go wit ur first choice in that and never go ova em, the rest of the questions were OK cept for that question about frikin' red blood cell, i mean dat was an experiment we did in 2 minutes worth 8 marks...crap man!!! ??:confused:

Submit ur multiple choice answers :D

Leo

Wasn't too bad, eh?

I agree that some of the multiple choice were a bit iffy, and there wasn't enough room for some of the big mark questions to write good answers. You could always ask for more booklets but then you look like a smartarse :)

And I reckon you really had to crap on in some of those questions to get the full 8 or whatever marks.

--insomniac--

hMMm yes i was quite disappointed with that exam as well. I studied 2 hours on each topic and desperately went on searches for epidemiological studies, limb bud formation and gene expression and the exam only covered very basic elements of the bio syllabus. 8 marks on the red blood cell experiment was a surprised, not to mention another 5 mark prac on the hydrangeas.

Overall it was an easy test. Multichoice was probably the hardest part.

Here are my answers:
1A 2C 3D 4A 5C 6C 7D 8D 9D 10A 11C 12B 13B 14B 15A

Crazy

yeah same kegbeer...glad its over now i have nearly 2 whole weeks till pe exam.....cant wait though:D

bio wasnt too bad, i did think parts of it were quite poorly written and it covered at times insignificant parts of the syllabus

oh and the communications option was shit! didnt like those questions at all...totally wasnt prepared for that 7 mark fucker.....looked at the other options and thought yep they would have been so much easier, but i decided to stick to my own :p ahh well

i know im gonna pass easy, thats all that matters

jules

I thought the exam was alright, but it wasn't very good. I thought the multiple choice was really gay and that protein synthesis question in the multiple choice - i had no idea wat was goin on!

but not enough was tested - not saying that there should be more questions but just that we learnt a whole lotta shit that we did not need to know. Like the dieases. I learnt all these diseases and diseases from an insect vector and was it in there, no! Did u all know that they are cutting down the syllabus for the 2003 hsc students? We got totally GIPPED! They only have to do 2/3 of wat we did. That is so unfair.....on us! They should have done that in the first place.

And for those that did communication do u know wat was goin on with the last question about the retina or wateva? Were we supposed to talk about rhodopsin coz i did. I thought the graph bit was ok tho...an easy 4 marks. And the brain bit was crap coz i didn't study that bit. Oh well at least its ova and we never have to study about xylem and ploem eva again!!!!!!

shimmergal

Hey, well ummm, Bankstown TAFE here i cum! hehe, yeh TAFE is looking like a good option atm, after that exam - wudn't u agree nat?
:p
Yeh, i thought it was pretty bad - multiple choice i was jsut like, wtf!
My answers were:
1A; 2C; 3D; 4A; 5C; 6C; 7D; 8D; 9D; 10B; 11D; 12B; 13A; 14B; 15B.

And also wtf was wif the last question worth 7marks in the communication option!?!?! I was not a happy Bubba!

anyways, 4 down and 2 to go! WOOHOO!:D

Good luck ppls for the rest of ur exams.

kegbeer

well thats a relief
i thought i was the only one...yeah i did communication option aswell..so pissed off about the last question...what the hell were you meant to write for 7 marks on something that is so small a part of the sylabus. I studied every part of the ear and knew all the functions and parts of the eye. etc etc etc and none of it was in it. yeah very poor when the syllabus is that large so you have to lean everything so u end up having to learn general things for most and they ask specific's.....will pass easy but still not neally as well as i could have...............fairly poorly set test
some chill time for the next week b4 gettin into the pdh study...another massive content subject :cool:

RiNi

communication

man this is the worst bio exam that i have ever seen. i really wanted to do well in this.
yes- i am so happy that other ppl found the communication option crap too.
i swear -its unfair -just coz so many of us do it, it duznt mean that they have to make it so hard jus to pick out the "band 6" students and stuff the rest of us so we cant go to uni. grrrr
i was looking at the other options too... i shud have just abandoned the communications one and just done the biochemistry or biotech ones fudging from the top of mr head. i mean -look at the questions! how straight forward are they???

7mks on describing rods and cones...pfft....
they could have tested us on heaps better things...

i sooo wanted to talk about the eustachian tube

i think ill call my kid Eustachian..no wait...eustachian sounds like a chicken/pasta dish...

ok -ill stop complaining now..need 2 study...3 more exams...

btw -its my birthday tomorrow!!!!!!:D

Kinhan

What a joke.

I cannot believe that BOS can be so stupid as to set an exam like this. Why have a syllabus, if you just test the most insignificant stuff.

I literally had 6 double strength coffees and studied last minute cram until 3:30am. I cannot believe that all this year, I've been working on biology to do the most spastic test ever.

The exam was a joke as in it was so friggin easy. What is there to differentiate people who truly worked their arses off and those that don't do anything.

I expected at least 6 markers on gene expression in eukaryotes and prokaryotes, protein synthesis at least? , DNA fingerprinting, Recombinant DNA.

Why have a compulsory topic of "Search for better health" that stresses SO much on T - Cells, B- Cells when NOTHING is even mentioned about them. Interaction between them, how they work, MHC - I and II etc. There was one question on disease. The 1st one, and that was a joke. The multi choice was a joke also. An idiot who hasnt done much bio could easily get 10/15. For those that have, 14/15 or 15. I can honestly say multi choice, only the last one proved to be of any challenge.

I'm especially pissed at the absense of any testing on gene expression/protein synthesis. Both these were included in "Blueprint of Life" AND "Genetics: How the code is broken".

Personally, I have to say that the scaling for this exam is f**ked!!
When the whole state gets >85%. What does that mean? Arent hard questoions supposed to be tested to challenge the more studious?

To those that set the paper. You are a joke, resign from your position and go start driving buses. How can you be so stupid?

This test is like testing arithmetic in 4unit Maths. Telling 3u English students to analyse a picture book?

What a waste of a year of biology. To those that set the paper, you have ruined my day, my week and my month! Perhaps not year.

Sugardoll

I thought the exam was good i didnt find any of the questions too hard. Except mulitiple choice I always end up with two options that might be the correct answer and then guess.

My option: human story was easy :cool:

Sugardoll

my teacher came up with the theory:

the bored of studies wants everyone to past atleast 99% of the students taking biology pass so they set out some questions even non biology students could get right.

I know coming into the exam alot would be easy

But I did study my arse of of most of the stuff I study wasnt in it

neluschi

that was the crappiest Biology exam imaginable!
I put in all the hard work to finally understand all the complex shit in the course and then they ask us about fucken flowers changing colours and cleaning water! That was the most non-applicable exam ever, it loosely tied in the syllabus simply by having something to do with biology, not by having anything to do with the course we actually studied!
And another thing, what was with them asking us about the movement of materials in phloem???? Scientists don't even understand the process of translocation yet! How the hell do they expect us to know it from vague outlines that don't make sense!
Anyway, I'm going to go away and cry now.......

HSC
has anyone looked at question 11 in multiple choice.i shit u not either c or d could be correct...!!! someone check this tell me im wrong:mad: BOS study for 12 months and FFS no hard concepts were in there except phloem and noone knows that anyway! like scientists dont! but they test all easy stuff in really hard ways that confuse u complelty!!!!! wtf! i hate u BOS bio man.....u must be a wannabe english teacher! go and stand in the corner

stuffed4exams

Question 11

I reckon the paper was actually way easy....but question 11, i actually think the answer was B...check it out guys...it works with that answer!!

betta get back to the books...SDD tomorrow....eek

for question 11 the answer i put was C

It can't be recessive because two homozygous recessive parents can't have a 'normal' child

check it out

--insomniac--

The answer the question 11 was c
look at the middle family.. they are obviously aa x aa producing all aa children
hence the whites are recessive
and the polycystic kidney disease is grey, which is dominant and non sex linked.
i know you might have been deterred by the 'rare disease' part but it just means that the gene doesnt express itself often and when it does its dominant.

well thats my thought anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)