Biology weightings (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
Hey guys! So my friend wanted to ask this here but he doesn't have an account but to summarise his question:

He's ranked around 50th out of 65 ish in our cohort due to like complicated situations but if he comes top five for the next task weighted 35%, would he be able to come top ten in the cohort or is it too late to?

Edit: he goes to a top 30 school

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Top 10 would be quite difficult to say the least if his next task which is worth 35% is his last internal task (which I'm assuming is the case) as 65% of his internal assessment would've already been completed. However, this also depends on other factors, such as your friend's own performance in his 35% weighted task as well as the performance of his cohort in that task. The factor your friend can control is his own performance, he should study/prepare to the best of his abilities and ensure any weak points are addressed (if applicable). This will allow him to perform to a high standard in his task and hopefully improve his rank significantly. If his cohort also performs well in his task, a rank within the top 10 will be indeed difficult to reach, but I think a rank improvement to around 25th would be definitely possible if your friend performs well. With a bit of luck (i.e. in the event where only a few people perform well, including your friend), substantial improvement might be possible, and we could be hopefully looking at a range closer to your friend's goal!

Like I said, it likely won't be easy, but your friend should give this task his best attempt regardless as significant improvement is definitely possible!

Good luck to your friend, and I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)