catalyst91

HSC
Did anyone do this option?
If so what did you answer for -
The diagram
and the last one - 33e)

pwettigurl

HSC
Yep i did...thought it was really good actually...

umm for 33 e that was the recombinant dna question right? So i spoke about the recombinant dna techniques such as gene splicing, PCR, transformation etc.

and for the diagram you draw the protein synthesis one...

do u know if biotech scales good?

catalyst91

HSC
33e) was about the enzyme extraction and gene amplification.. I haven't even seen that in the syllabus :|

And I don't know about the scaling hey >< not many people we can ask because nobody seems to do it :(

uirate

HSC
for the diagram i talked about how mRNA is formed and basically drew a small diagram of how it looks. and then i talked about how tRNA connects with mRNA forming polypeptide chain etc. and drew another diagram of how the tRNA joining the mRNA looks pointing out where the amino acid is etc. not sure if right :/

as for the last question i rushed that one because i was running out of time. talked very briefly gene splicing and pcr, filled up all the lines but felt like i was repeating myself heaps lol.

First part of biotech, did you label A as primers and B as taq polymerase?

meeliay

HSC
I had A for primers, and B for taq polymerase. Fingers crossed for the both of us :)

catalyst91

HSC
I had Nucleotides and DNA Polymerase ><

Oh also for the last question, did you guys actually know what they were talking about in terms of Gene Amplification and Extracting enzymes?
Because we never talked about those in class /fail

HSC
I believe it was Primers for A and DNA polymerase for B. What is Taq polymerase? It doesn't mention that in my biology in context txtbook.

uirate

HSC
I believe it was Primers for A and DNA polymerase for B. What is Taq polymerase? It doesn't mention that in my biology in context txtbook.
Taq polymerase is the enzyme that is used in PCR. DNA polymerase denatures at high temperatures while taq polymerase is thermostable, meaning that it does not denature or anything at extremely high temperatures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)