Blood journals (1 Viewer)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Bloody journals

Who else here hates the whole idea of journals, diaries, logs, call them what you may.
I detest them, loathe them, and may burn mine if I get it back.

And am the only one who hates the whole notion of keeping a journal? :mad:

Last edited:

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
a burden sometimes, yeah, but completely necessary as a true representation of how much fricken hard work was gone into this major work!!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
I absolutely HATED that damn journal. And i never wrote in it... all up i think i prob only had about 15 pages of writing.. therest was all sheets... i'm praying they don't look at my journal cos it doesn't support what i did!!!

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
at first i loved the idea of the journal
but it was all irrelevant
then irksome
then easy to forget for weeks/months at a time
and then reading through it... urgh, it's worse than reading diary entries from when i was eleven, because this stuff was only a few months ago!!
and my final entry...
"journal,
i bid you
adieu.
(and by that i mean fuck you)"

crap; i envision the english staff gathering around it and tsk-tsking

J

jhakka

I did my journal entries a couple of weeks after I actually did the work. They were accurate, though, as I looked at the "Date Created" for each of my documents.

Hoplite

HSC
My final entry ended in

Yours in trust,
Randon student number.

And I also hated the journal.

I don't think it's looked at anyway. A mate of mine got 46 last year and had a journal of about 10-15 pages. And it wasn't as if it was a 50/50 brought down because of a crap journal.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Hehe, my last entry was "it's been fun" - it doesn't have to be sarcastic ;)

And I never really understood the idea of the journal, so I ended up just sticking in shit loads of random internet stuff on, like, Psychoanalysis and stuff :D

TangzBasher

MY journal consisted of pages and pages of drafts. Pratically no "entries" made their way into it. Still, as long as it shows we've been working it should be ok :p

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
I absolutely HATED that damn journal. And i never wrote in it... all up i think i prob only had about 15 pages of writing.. therest was all sheets... i'm praying they don't look at my journal cos it doesn't support what i did!!!

Know the feeling well. I misplaced my journal, ignored it, and mostly just didn't bother to write in it. It won't stand up to much scrutiny.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I'm trying to take on Ext 2 next year, and it seems to me the journal is where you write down your thought processes, ideas and whatever...the only problem is, I have my idea already sorted out in my head. I know exactly what I'm going to write about. So this journal is gonna be so false I will laugh. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Serpentia

hahaha don't be so self-assured buddy. The first thing to know about writing is that it never goes exactly to plan. And ext 2 is about the development of a major work over a year - with interaction and guidance from others -----> change to original plan.

journal is where I stuck a lot of things that I liked, or things that inspired me. In fact the last 100 pages are mainly other people's poems, or redrafts of my own pieces. Yeah that was what my journal was full of actually, redrafts and poems i liked.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Exactly. I pretty much had my idea before I started writing, but that didn't mean that my work didn't change over the course of the year, that I wasn't influenced by any other works, or that I didn't change a single sentence from my first draft. You'll find plenty to write about in your journal, don't worry.

In fact, I think it's better to have an idea before you start writing. Not only do you know exactly what you want to write (which I think is pretty much essential, unless you want to have to re-write whole sections when you realise that you've been meandering for 1000 words), but you can also play around with different sections - even if you know that you're not going to change a section of your story, who can write something else to go in its place as a sort of "what if?". I did that with my work - I knew exactly how my script would end, but I wrote two other endings just for fun, and it makes it look like I really considered my ending (well, I did anyway, but now it'll be easier for the markers to tell :D)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Damn you two...you make perfect sense...I hate that! :p

Yeah, it looks like my idea will probably be sprayed out of proportion...but hey, that's cool with me.

I like your idea about the multiple endings Monkey...sounds like a pretty cool thing to do...I may even write sections of my short story from another character's P.O.V before my final copy...that sounds like I know what I'm talking about...HSC markers beware, I am clueless, but I'm pretending I'm not...HA! HA! HA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)