Books Books Books (1 Viewer)

Scabbage

Is there a site I can go to that sell Engineering books?

Our school gave us books but their like huge university level engineering books...

Is there books that are simpler and easier to understand?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
What do you use?

We use "Engineering Studies - the defintive guide" by Paul Copeland. This is minimlistic but easy to understand.

We also use "Engineering Mechanics" and "Enfgineering Materials" by Schlanker and Mcern, but these are about 40 yrs old.

manly girl

Originally posted by McLake
We also use "Engineering Mechanics" and "Enfgineering Materials" by Schlanker and Mcern, but these are about 40 yrs old.
That Engineering Mechanics is so funny, especially from a girls perspective. There is a problem in the moments set (4 i think) where you find the distance to put the rock, so your girlfriend can sit comfortably on a lever while you change a car tyre. And the SI unit explanation in the front which refers to breast size also made me crack up.

I did moment problems up to 4/22 today - I was so proud.

How many others use this book?

I have the two Schlanker books mentioned above, the students workbook by John Rochford, the Definitive guide by Paul Copeland and heaps of uni level books my dad gave me which are useless.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by manly girl

That Engineering Mechanics is so funny, especially from a girls perspective. There is a problem in the moments set (4 i think) where you find the distance to put the rock, so your girlfriend can sit comfortably on a lever while you change a car tyre. And the SI unit explanation in the front which refers to breast size also made me crack up.

I did moment problems up to 4/22 today - I was so proud.

How many others use this book?

I have the two Schlanker books mentioned above, the students workbook by John Rochford, the Definitive guide by Paul Copeland and heaps of uni level books my dad gave me which are useless.
The Materials book mentions the "female" and "male" dies. Very amusing.

Manly Girl, how many girls out of how many students do engineering (ie girls/engineering students). We now have only 1/22.

bradshaw01

text books

it may be too late to get them now, but excellent books are by John Rochford. 3 books.
Engineering Studies - A Student's Workbook
Engineering Studies - HSC Questions
Engineering Studies - Communication (drawing etc)

They are really well explained with diagrams and the lot

Big_Will

Eng sux

Engineering studies is by far the subject we do most work in!

Considering we get handouts aplenty etc, i'd say at this stage All 6 of us that do engineerig at my school, have about a cartons worth of handouts (5 x ream = 2500 sheets)

We have a fair few textbooks too...
Copeland - defin guide
schlenker - Material science
tom wood - eng science
John rochford - students handbook
big bunch of others :(
We gunna need a few schoolbags to get them all back to school :(

Pity we all do so badly. At the start of yr12 there were 5 of us, now there are 6, and well all only just pass. e.g. 51% constantly... ooooog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)