Brain interpret variety of colours.... (1 Viewer)

cool_bananas25

HSC
I dont know how correct I was when I wrote this, but I talked about how the overlap of the opsins results in a variety of shades of colours red, blue and green deceted. And thats one reason why the brain can detect a variety of colours. then I wrote about how the rhodopsin in the rods allows for shadow, light, balck to be detecetd, and how that furthers the amounts of colour the brain can detect in the cortex..
Sounded great at the time :confused:

peeasoup

haha that could be right. I just said that in cones, the retinal molecules are linked to three different kinds of opsins, each sensitive to differente range of wavelengths. So, each different one sends different signals to the brain, about which colour has been detected, and the brain interprets it.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i said that different cones absorb different wavelengths of light or colours, and that different colours are interpreted because o the different combinations of colours in objects which means that some cones may respond to the stimuli more than others for different objects, resulting in many different colours interpreted by the brain

peeasoup

Holy fuck, i reckon we all got full marks. I wasnt sure i answered it the right way, but now i am.
Wanna bout the last question. Did you just say that animals use colour to recognise other members of there species so they can mate, and pass the colour vision characteristic on ?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i used two examples. the viscount butterfly uses colours and markings that mimmic the monarch butterfly-which is poisonous- to deter predator who can detect these colours.
I did the baboon. the male gets colours and markings when sexually mature to signal to mates. the females rump goes bright red and swells up to signal to malkes that she is ready to mate. these colours are detected by the males as a form of communication

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
For the last question l put camoflauge, mimicry, mating and poison/danger

I hope l was right.

I didn't put any specific animal species though.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i thikn the fricken bos implyed another question (very vague and needs to be decyphered which is not what science should be about). it said descibe the use in animals other than humans, but as the dot point requires examples i think they wanted exam,ples in the answer. you would undoubtedly get half marks at least though misturi. but then i might be completely wrong. questions are not meant to be hard to interpret. it should be the quality of understanding that is important!!!!!!grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i said pretty much the same for how the brain interprets colour vision..

for animals and colour vision, i said it's used for mating, camouflage & hunting/prey. Used a few examples, such as the bower bird attracted to blue things, a bee using ultraviolet rays for food detection in flowers, and the male n female peacocks for mating.. n prolly others that i can't remember. hope it was all relevant !?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
lukebennett said:
i thikn the fricken bos implyed another question (very vague and needs to be decyphered which is not what science should be about). it said descibe the use in animals other than humans, but as the dot point requires examples i think they wanted exam,ples in the answer. you would undoubtedly get half marks at least though misturi. but then i might be completely wrong. questions are not meant to be hard to interpret. it should be the quality of understanding that is important!!!!!!grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Thanks luke,

I did put an example or two (like chameloan or however you spell it for camoflauge and another example for another communication thing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)