Bruce Dawe (1 Viewer)

Missngel

Hey guys for the Consumerism question i talked about one of Bruce Dawes peoms and 3 related texts.
Does neone know if im gonna lose marks or not??
Thanks i really appreciate it
Oh and by the way i also agree that the number of pages is not important it is obviously the quality that counts;)

Cyberchick

Well we were told to study and familiarise ourselves really well with atleast 2 poems and maybe even 3 just in case...

I mainly spoke about 2 and added just a few point and quotes from a third text...

however i'm not sure how they will mark it and they did ask to use Two related texts and not three so lets hope they dont penalise you thinking that u read the question wrong

as for the dawe texts, i'm sure they'll be interested in how much u had to write on that one text, but really it's up to examiners and the marking guidelines they are given

Hope they aren't too hard on you if thats the case... hopefully all will be well

big_arvo

you're meant to at least do 2~ i did three..

does it matter how many pages u write.. isnt is 'quality of the work' dat counts the the 'quantity'?

dansnation

i only did 2 paragraphs on one of his poems... but only because i was severely stuck for time, and knew that i had to at least get a related text in there to give the letter SOME sort of structure..

Marty

HSC
me :p

yea i only wrote about 1 of dawes poems in depth - It would have take up bout 4 pages or so
but mentioned some aspects of the other poems and there criticism of society

& my 2 pieces of sup material

so about 7-8 pages for this sec

kitty

i spoke about two poems and linked the different aspects and techniques in them to my two related pieces. i think i ended up writing about 5-6 pages. does anyone else agree that this question was favoured to consumerism?

natt

yeh kitty..i know what u mean..but then again i didnt study the others!

I was really happy with this question it was broad and i wrote bout 10 pages,3poems and 2 related text!

No more responders or Composers!! Go team!!!:p

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Missngel
Hey guys for the Consumerism question i talked about one of Bruce Dawes peoms and 3 related texts.
Does neone know if im gonna lose marks or not??
Hmmm... A friend of mine did the same thing too. She thought the words 'prescribed text' meant one poem.

Well... it doesn't really ask you for more than one poem, but your main focus really is Bruce Dawe's poetry and how they show consumerism.

But I guess the important part is that you did in fact talk about your texts and how they show consumerism. Did you do this?

I was wondering if I'll lose any marks for forgetting to include an address in my answer. Do you think I'll lose a lot of marks for this?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)