BUSL320 Revenue Law - any tips? (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Hey just wondering if anyone has any tips or points they would like to share for revenue law?

tajid73

HSC
do the study manual it helped a lot.

make sure u understand all the tut works cos the final is a LOT harder than tutes

Mathmatics85

HSC
this has to be one of the hardest and trickiest exam I've ever sat at Macquarie. for me anyways. maybe I didn't study "hard" enough, but that 3 hours I spent felt like just hour and a half, and I literally had no clear answer to any of the questions there.

yeah and it's true, no tutes or studies manuals can be compared to the difficulty of the final exam. final exam is so much trickier.

but don't worry too much, I failed midsem with 5/25, (the average was 8.), and I had 16/40 before the final, which surely is an apparent fail, but got 55 overall mark in the end. the scale up in this unit is MASSIVE.

the markers are just looking at how you apply the law to each individual cases, it doesn't have to be correct like a math exam, rather they look at the ability of application.

so if you wanna pass, even if you don't know an answer to a question, just put down anything you can. leaving questions unanswered means a straight fail. Hope stressed this in the revision lecture, and two of my friends who did not listen to Hope and left out 10-15 marks in the final, they had to come back in January, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC
hardest subject i've taken at uni.

be prepared to be tricked out of your mind.. make sure you know how to calculate assessable income, know all the deductions and FBT.

I hope for your sake, hope has cut out the partnerships topic.

tajid73

HSC
Agree with the others. The hardest final exam ive ever had. The questions were tricky. Read the question carefully before start writing. Mcqs were pretty easy. Mostly were from lect notes.

tajid73

HSC
this has to be one of the hardest and trickiest exam I've ever sat at Macquarie. for me anyways. maybe I didn't study "hard" enough, but that 3 hours I spent felt like just hour and a half, and I literally had no clear answer to any of the questions there.

yeah and it's true, no tutes or studies manuals can be compared to the difficulty of the final exam. final exam is so much trickier.

but don't worry too much, I failed midsem with 5/25, (the average was 8.), and I had 16/40 before the final, which surely is an apparent fail, but got 55 overall mark in the end. the scale up in this unit is MASSIVE.

the markers are just looking at how you apply the law to each individual cases, it doesn't have to be correct like a math exam, rather they look at the ability of application.

so if you wanna pass, even if you don't know an answer to a question, just put down anything you can. leaving questions unanswered means a straight fail. Hope stressed this in the revision lecture, and two of my friends who did not listen to Hope and left out 10-15 marks in the final, they had to come back in January, if you know what I mean.
lol its not that u didnt study hard enough.. it was REALLY hard.
and yeah there's massive scaleup for this subject otherwise so many ppl would fail. Hope's nice, as long as ur answers make sense (doesnt have to be right) not just bs ull still get most of the marks..

Mathmatics85

HSC
Even an actuarial studies friend I talked to after the exam, (she does acst+accg double and REALLY smart) she was worrying about failing like there's no tommorow. so yeah, it def. a hard exam...but pass isn't too hard as long as you answer all the questions! thats how we all passed I guess.....

Best of luck for your exam VL.

VLTURBO

HSC
Thanks guys!

I am actually sh*ting myself now lol

I'll let you know how I found it

VLTURBO

HSC
Wow that was the hardest exam i have ever done!

I dont think i passed - have never really felt that bad after an exam!

Hopefully the bonus marks that Hope said he gives come my way for what i did know

blackrider89

HSC
If the unit was so hard (in the past), did it follow the format that 3-5% get HD, 15% get D something...?

tajid73

HSC
If the unit was so hard (in the past), did it follow the format that 3-5% get HD, 15% get D something...?
have no idea about this. but i think lasts semester although the failure rate is still high, many ppl got D as well.

tajid73

HSC
Wow that was the hardest exam i have ever done!

I dont think i passed - have never really felt that bad after an exam!

Hopefully the bonus marks that Hope said he gives come my way for what i did know
don't worry. be positive. That's pretty much what I felt after the exam as well but at the end i got good marks.

JACKYSUN20

HSC
Just so so man I didn't expect that it was not easy like that coz every said it would be a piece of cake lol.

About u?
I think im doing ok, possible can get credit overall, s180,181,182,183,184 and s588G are always in the final my friends said to me,

blackrider89

HSC
I think im doing ok, possible can get credit overall, s180,181,182,183,184 and s588G are always in the final my friends said to me,
Sure we can. And when do u need the books 4 ACCG201? In August or u want it earlier?

JACKYSUN20

HSC
Sure we can. And when do u need the books 4 ACCG201? In August or u want it earlier?
im not sure, i wt to check it still available for next semester, do u know where it possible to find out the name of 201 textbook in term 2? i am afraid it will change to a new book..........

blackrider89

HSC
im not sure, i wt to check it still available for next semester, do u know where it possible to find out the name of 201 textbook in term 2? i am afraid it will change to a new book..........
ACCG201���|���Organisational Planning And Control���|���Macquarie University���|���The Co-op Online Bookshop���
Same book man, just come and borrow the book from me as I promised. It's nite now so wish u a gud nite and excellent weekend ahead (I've just killed a rat at my home and am feeling so sorry 4 it lol).

virus_89

HSC
Can anyone tell me if we actually need ALL 4 of the prescribed books for busl320? i know with some subjects they prescribe more than 1 book, and its not always necessary (busl301).

Oh and does it come in a pack at the co-op bookshop or do we have to scoot around looking for each book?

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)