BUSS subjects (1 Viewer)

benno22

HSC
N/A
hey,

has anyone here done, BUSS214, BUSS201 or BUSS312?

can you tell me what they were like, if they are worth doing and what the workload is like?

Thanks,
Ben.

TheMaskedTutor

HSC
BUSS214 is taken by Mark Sifer - and from what I hear its changing somewhat from last year with the move from Info Systems.
Its programming - a continuation of BUSS111 - in C# with a focus on OO design ideals. I would recommend it to anyone who thought BUSS111 was `fun'. Expect to be challenged but Sifer is one of the better lecturers so theres plenty of support for those who want it.

BUSS201 is soft subject with very little specific learning to be had - when it was taught in previous years (again it has changed with the move from Info Sys) it was VB with a focus on Interface Design and boredom. Simple exercises and confusing lectures. Some challenges later in the course with some Databases and IIS thrown in. As with 214 theres plenty of support.

312 - I don't know - never had anything to do with it. But the coordinator is Peter Eklund - something to keep in mind...

jacksonchu

HSC
312 is Bissuness Communication Network, some fundamental of the network structure, theory, etc. I took the advance standing of BUSS312 last year, so can't say too much, but from what I heard, the lecturer / coordinator (suku) is not very good...... although the lecture seems good, but when exam comes out, situation will be different.
But, as they are moving IS from Commerce to Informatics, everything changed, so hard to say right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)