Buying a Car (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
my budget is 20k
any recommendations?

doe

HSC
N/A
small is good, easy to park, cheaper to run etc.

get a barina.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i can get a supra for 25k :D
but then yeah thats a bit tryhard for uni aye

gem_max

HSC
Holden astra. Easy to get parts for, excellent resale, good visibility, easy to see blinkers, alright starting out CD system, pretty... but not exactly refined to girls. If my budget had been bigger 4 months ago when I was car shopping Id have gotten one for sure. Navy, metallic and so sexy I would have just spent my holidays hugging it.

Instead I became the Festiva Queen but hey Im vfery happy. Have fun!

is a roflcopter
HSC
:D
i have a small penis :D

nah this isnt for me anyway
its for a friend whos a girl

im not buying an jap car, stuff that
my first car will be a 5 series beamer
I DONT CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES ME >.<

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
How about a Ford, Focus/Fiesta.

Fiesta is abit tacky but cheap.

Focus you should be able to get within budget via ex-demo etc. Quite good cars very good platform old engine still very good cars though.

If you consider the focus but have an attraction to jap stuff then get a mazda 3 - same platform same positives.

Or save get about a 2000 Ford Laser with (factory) kit and slightly more powerful engine.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Get something with a half decent engine. I hate driving my mums 2.4 litre, the acceleration sucks so much.

superbird

HSC
subaru impreza. 96 model is pretty decent. can pick one up for around 11k.
though with your budget, you could probably buy a wrx

doe

HSC
N/A
i used to have a commodore.

it ate petrol, it cost an arm and a leg to insure and it was always getting broken into

dont just look at the purchase price, look at what it will cost you each year. i used to live a 10 - 15 minute drive from uni but would still do about 300k's a week. if you're male and under 25 get set for an insurance reaming.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
doe said:
i used to have a commodore.

it ate petrol, it cost an arm and a leg to insure and it was always getting broken into

dont just look at the purchase price, look at what it will cost you each year. i used to live a 10 - 15 minute drive from uni but would still do about 300k's a week. if you're male and under 25 get set for an insurance reaming.
I'll be doing 400k's a week travelling to and from uni, and then on top of that I need to drive for work and then add to that any other driving I do. So I could be getting up to around 600k's or more a week on a busy week.

My car is brand new, and because of that I am not the main driver insured on it, I am insured as the main driver on my dads older mitsibishi magna and as a sometimes driver of my car.

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
if you are looking for a used car, you can't go past Unique Cars magazine.
if you want something new, get a corolla, or, if budget allows, the slightly more expensive mazda3.

doe

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
My car is brand new, and because of that I am not the main driver insured on it, I am insured as the main driver on my dads older mitsibishi magna and as a sometimes driver of my car.
yeah thats what i ended up doing with the insurance, it would be in my mothers name and i was listed as a driver.

gem_max

HSC
addymac said:
Or save get about a 2000 Ford Laser with (factory) kit and slightly more powerful engine.
Yeah I drove one of these in my final driving lesson the other day. Good power and excellent features but with the same trustworthy feeling of my festiva so Id back these too. Oh and those focuses are so SHINY!

For similar levls of power the nissan pulsar Q, especially the ones from around 98-99 look great, sound great and have good power for cruising around town.

Shopping for cars is one of life's funnest activities Ive discovered.

klh

HSC
are you guys looking for performance? economical? space?
if i was to get a car, id want minimum a 6 cyclinder but since parking space is hard to find, id go with a civic hatch, small and comfy. dunno about how longitll last though.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
The new VW Golf.

You just can't beat 8 airbags and a 6 speed manual (which shifts very smoothly by the way), a 5 star safety rating (but side impacts, well thats another story with all small cars) and REALLY well laid out interior for about $26000.

Last edited:

doe

HSC
N/A
my barina is nearly 15 years old and has > 100,000k's on the clock. i drive it down the coast (3 - 4 hour drive) about 4 times a year. the only problems ive had with it are the door locks and the left blinker doing double time.

best. car. ever :p

[edit] plus its red like all thug mobiles/speed demons should be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)