calculations (1 Viewer)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
we weren't given charge of proton, we were given mass.
dont need to be given..

its the same as electron but positive. Its on ur datasheet, questions about the proton have come up before without its charge being given, so most people should have been prepared.

emun

HSC
hey u kno da parallel plate question? weren't da plates horizontal? not vertical? so gravity won't oppose the movement of the charged particle to the plate?

Last edited:

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
emun said:
hey u kno da parallel plate question? weren't da plates horizontal? not vertical? so gravity won't oppose the movement of the charged particle to the plate?
i got tricked like u aswell but the plates are vertical to each other but they are set horisontally just like kilikens oil drop experiment

complain?

i just want whoever that thought the setup was horisontal to be compensated eg wrote that it was neutral

especially if they got the Q b4 right that involved gravity (so they definatly are aware of such forces)
like i do 4u maths and i know my forces VERYWELL and if that fucking shit was actually drawn and EXPLAINED properly, i would have got full marks without a problem.

Last edited:

Shael

HSC
There was nothing wrong with the damn question. Whether the plates were in the horizontal or vertical axis it makes no difference to the fact it still has weight force. The only difference is that because they were horizontal the weight force was cancelled out with the repulsion from the positively charged plate and thus the particle stayed in an equilibrium. If the plates were vertical, the particle would have simply moved in a downward curved motion.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Shael said:
There was nothing wrong with the damn question. Whether the plates were in the horizontal or vertical axis it makes no difference to the fact it still has weight force. The only difference is that because they were horizontal the weight force was cancelled out with the repulsion from the positively charged plate and thus the particle stayed in an equilibrium. If the plates were vertical, the particle would have simply moved in a downward curved motion.
im not sure what u r talking about, i think u have a totally different pictures of how the apparatus is than me.

what i saw was 2 plates beside each other on the same horisontal plane. Now for that to be suspended in the middle motionless, it would have nothing to do with gravity.

Its also slack how they even tell u what formula to use in Q16 even though basicly the same question was on last yrs HSC, but they draw such a bad diagram in Q23.
Even in my 4unit maths mechanic questions, there is MUCH better diagrams and bigger hints than this crap. That is real physics. Im not saying it needed a hit (it just needed a proper diagram)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)