Can I get an ATAR above 80 with middle range rankings? (1 Viewer)

zeze14

HSC
Hey!
My ranking's have not been my best this year, but I was wondering if I am able to get an ATAR above 80 with these rankings. My trials are in two weeks so hopefully I get higher marks, increasing my rankings but just in case I don't get good trial marks, is an ATAR above 80 still possible?
My Rankings are:
Advanced English - 28/50
Advanced Math - 15/30
Society & Culture - 21/57
Chemistry - 5/29
Biology - 11/42

c8

HSC
It honestly depends on your school's rank as well, not just your own. Those ranks at a school in the 300s wouldn't translate the same as those ranks in a higher performing school. However, given you still have both trials and the actual HSC left, you can still pull up your ranks and marks (regardless of your school) to get the ATAR you want, given your work hard enough. Often past performance is indicative of future performance so if you really want to improve you'll need to put effort into it

zeze14

HSC
It honestly depends on your school's rank as well, not just your own. Those ranks at a school in the 300s wouldn't translate the same as those ranks in a higher performing school. However, given you still have both trials and the actual HSC left, you can still pull up your ranks and marks (regardless of your school) to get the ATAR you want, given your work hard enough. Often past performance is indicative of future performance so if you really want to improve you'll need to put effort into it
Thanks! I understand. My school's a partial selective school but now with all of year 12 mixed together theres people who don't care about their results and others who are trying their best.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Yes but actually no. I keep getting Zenkai boosts after bombing something. PP and my CP can really change!

A Zenkai Boost is a sudden and permanent increase in base power that Saiyans get whenever they heal from an almost lethal wound.

Well in terms of here, you could say a permanent increase in knowledge power when we fail something or we think we can't do something.

I keep getting them for some reason like I'm ingraining more concepts into my base memory rather than relying on going Super Saiyan (studying in our case) to power up and memorise the concepts and their applications to their respective subjects.

Last edited:

c8

HSC
Yes but actually no. I keep getting Zenkai boosts after bombing something. PP and my CP can really change!

A Zenkai Boost is a sudden and permanent increase in base power that Saiyans get whenever they heal from an almost lethal wound.

Well in terms of here, you could say a permanent increase in knowledge power when we fail something or we think we can't do something.
Your wide range of knowledge amazes me

c8

HSC
Thanks! I understand. My school's a partial selective school but now with all of year 12 mixed together theres people who don't care about their results and others who are trying their best.
Yeah I get what you mean. In this situation, aiming for an 80 won't be too hard given you work hard. If you're maybe top 5-10 in all subjects you've got a shot at high 80s, low 90s, depends still on heaps of other things like subjects, school, cohort, but most of those are uncontrollable so give it your best shot

zeze14

HSC
Yeah I get what you mean. In this situation, aiming for an 80 won't be too hard given you work hard. If you're maybe top 5-10 in all subjects you've got a shot at high 80s, low 90s, depends still on heaps of other things like subjects, school, cohort, but most of those are uncontrollable so give it your best shot
Oh damn. Thanks! I'll try my best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)