Can my parents see my HSC score for an accelerated subject without me telling them? (1 Viewer)

anjalika9923

HSC
I'm taking an accelerated course at school so I'll be doing the HSC for that subject this October or November but I didn't actually think it through when I started the course. I was only interested in the 'experience of doing the HSC' so I'll be prepared in year 12 but I didn't actually LIKE the subject. Now I'm really behind (I'm smack bang in the middle of the class in terms of ranking) and trials are coming up in a month and a half and I'm super swamped. I'm also doing my last project before trials which is due in 2 days and I'm reading all this stuff and it's making me super stressed and I don't think I'll do very well in the HSC (or my trials considering I have no notes and it's in 6 weeks!!) so I'm wondering if my parents will know my score. My dad seems to have forgotten that I'll be doing the HSC this year and my mum has no idea, but my dad's still super on top of his game in terms of being way too nosy in my schooling so maybe he's already gotten his name down to be sent a text for when the results come out or something or he'll magically remember because an email will be sent to him, and I REALLY don't want him to know about it especially if I do badly. I'm not even sure how they get the results out to you so can someone explain that to me too

Thank youuu!!!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it is a good idea to lie to your parents or withhold the information from them. It may bite you back later on if they found out in a different way. Best to just be honest and tell them the mark because they are probably paying for your education and therefore deserve to know how you are doing.

Results are emailed to the email linked to your students online account (if thats what it is still called now) and you get a text message if you nominated a phone number there. Also, since you are taking the accelerated course, you should be able to redo the exam for the subject next year if you did really bad or just wanted to improve on your score. Many people do this for like accelerated maths sometimes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)