Can one recover from first assessment tasks (1 Viewer)

satvik_1008

HSC
still braindead. but sure. legal and eco. your school does surprisingly well. top 10 modern history aint going to work with those 13 b6's tho.
yeah, i ranked 8th for modern in prelim but i feel like i will probably be like 15th for first assessment (considering i kinda fucked it), still recoverable tho. If i manage to come like top 8 or top 5 for modern, or like top 8 for legal, should that suffice?

laterz laterz

HSC
yeah, i ranked 8th for modern in prelim but i feel like i will probably be like 15th for first assessment (considering i kinda fucked it), still recoverable tho. If i manage to come like top 8 or top 5 for modern, or like top 8 for legal, should that suffice?
how many students do you have in each subject?

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah that is what i thought too. But my main concern is that can one get a high 99 atar with say a 92 in adv english, if one is getting like 95's in other subjects, or does it need to be higher?
Sure you can. That's pretty normal. It also depends on what your subjects are. If they're decently high scaling it's basically a guaranteed 99+. Unless the rest of your subjects are very low scaling in which case you need like 95s for all of them.

You don't need to stress out this hard and go into this much detail. I think the main thing to know is if you put in the work for a 99 atar your going to get it. You haven't screwed up anywhere near to the point of no return so to speak.

idkkdi

HSC
if ur at fort street, it would maybe suffice. considering your band 6 count, i would say 1/3 - 1/5 of those band 6's are 94 and above.

dan964

MOD
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah that is what i thought. English is dragging me down, that is my main concern is recovering. Do you reckon I will need English tutoring or do you think its useless?
depends, does tutoring really going to make a difference from getting 80% in first assessment to 90 or 95% in second assessment.
if not, it is not worth it. do you have any feedback from first assessment?

may I ask what you are aiming for?

Edzion education

HSC
For some people, not performing as well as you may have liked to go in the first assessment task can give you drive and motivation to do better in future tasks. It can also be an early warning sign that you may need to use different methods to get the results you would like to get. Good luck and use this to make you better. You can certainly recover and be better off for it.

satvik_1008

HSC
depends, does tutoring really going to make a difference from getting 80% in first assessment to 90 or 95% in second assessment.
if not, it is not worth it. do you have any feedback from first assessment?

may I ask what you are aiming for?
aim as in atar or english mark?

violetcombe

HSC
Your first English assessment task is worth like 2% of your atar (so I didn't do maths but something like that) so no problem. And if you are wondering if one 92 mark can still get you a high 99 atar, I got 91 in modern history and I got the result you're after. No problem, it's no problem.

satvik_1008

HSC
Your first English assessment task is worth like 2% of your atar (so I didn't do maths but something like that) so no problem. And if you are wondering if one 92 mark can still get you a high 99 atar, I got 91 in modern history and I got the result you're after. No problem, it's no problem.
oh thats good. How well did you do for your other subjects tho coz if you like state ranked the rest of them, that might have carried

satvik_1008

HSC
I really appreciate the support btw

satvik_1008

HSC
For some people, not performing as well as you may have liked to go in the first assessment task can give you drive and motivation to do better in future tasks. It can also be an early warning sign that you may need to use different methods to get the results you would like to get. Good luck and use this to make you better. You can certainly recover and be better off for it.
Thanks mate, I really appreciate the support

violetcombe

HSC
oh thats good. How well did you do for your other subjects tho coz if you like state ranked the rest of them, that might have carried
Yeah, a bit of that. I mean really invest yourself in the subjects that you can do very well in. And if you have one (even two - I also got 91 on another HSC exam which isn't fantastic) subject/s that isn't/aren't perfect that's fine. 99 atar doesn't mean perfect scores all round. But if there is a subject that you do well in, aim for perfect scores, do more work towards that. A state rank is cool! I went to Fort Street too, so maybe I have to thank their fiddling with my marks or whatever people on here talk about..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)