Can they specify skr poems (1 Viewer)

TheHeretic

rink said:
umm how do u know that? does it say sumwhere
It states it in the syllabus. I've also attempted an essay [plan] for each year and have never seen any specification beyond "use at least one other text". It would be unreasonable to expect students to memorise, what, 7 poem's meanings?

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
If you do Gwen harwood for Critical study in Advanced you can be asked to discuss one of the 6 poems. The Board reckons that such an idea is reasonable since some people have to learn the entire of King Lear (not that they actually do, they just learn a few universal quotes)

So i would guess u could be asked, because some classes do the tempest and are assumed to know the play. Of course, that is just my guess.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Lol Kim, don't stress ppl even more.
Skrzynecki isn't something u should worry bout ;) Its not that hard.
IMO they cannot in the AOS as so many ppl study diff texts... it would only be fair if they specified in everything
ie. skrz, coleridge, imagined corners etc...
and I doubt they could be bothered to do that...

the_highwayman, they can specify in advanced i.e. frontline, harwood or powerplay but it doesn't say anywhere anything more than "stuents can discuss... of their own choosing" for AOS

What I am worrying about is them asking for 2 stimulus texts :eek:

sorry rink, I don't know where it is... I hate the english syllabus, so hard 2 find stuff in it!

rink

HSC
wait....u mean trhey can ask for 2 texts from the stimulus booklet instead of one? that would suck.............or were u talking bout related material

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
No they always ask for one normally, but I'm just worried they might ask for two this year...
prob won't happen tho...
talking bout the stimulus booklet.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I would like to see peoples faces in the exam room. If you;re this stressed now what'll happen in precisely 1 days, 9 hours, 43 minutes, and 36 seconds?

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
We've always been told they can specify poems if they like, but it's highly unlikely because it doesnt make anyone who hasnt done that poem show what they know... It's not good for assessing... Our teacher who has marked for a few years was actually saying the markers and such are coming to realise what a big ask writing that much is in 40mins, its possible that we might get asked for one supp. text this year.

matt.todd

HSC
Remember that you are studying ONE text - Immigrant Chronicle. Each poem is just an extract from the focus text, so it would be silly for them to ask you about a specific poem. It would be like asking another text that is studied to discuss a certain page in their text.

Also, the question that is asked is a generic question about 'physical journeys' that has to fit with all the focus texts that are available.

_fortunes_fool

HSC
I have it in writing from Kerry Underhill the Senior Curriculum advisor for English, that the BOS reserves the right to specify which Skryznecki poems we have to write about in section III.

I don't think it's ever happened before, but just keep in mind that it's a possibility.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
chooette said:
Our teacher who has marked for a few years was actually saying the markers and such are coming to realise what a big ask writing that much is in 40mins, its possible that we might get asked for one supp. text this year.
Oh yeah, how spot on was that only one supp. thing? Made it heaps easier... dodgy question though

mel_21

HSC
I agree, it was a dodgy question. I think I stuffed up majorly in that section. I just crapped on about so much shit for the whole essay! I really hope I did ok, but I think that I am going to be throughly dissapointed. What about everyone else? How did you guys go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)