Can you buy textbooks for tablets? i.e. Kindle or Ipad? (1 Viewer)

minzoir

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering if it were possible to buy your allocated textbooks online and read them on a tablet instead of buying or borrowing a physical copy? Just thought this would save a lot of pain lugging big books around (doing business course so will have a few books).
Has anyone ever seen or heard of this being available?

izzy88

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering if it were possible to buy your allocated textbooks online and read them on a tablet instead of buying or borrowing a physical copy? Just thought this would save a lot of pain lugging big books around (doing business course so will have a few books).
Has anyone ever seen or heard of this being available?
I think this is starting to become available more and more. Wait until the textbook list comes out and then search for them. Eg. I can see for law on Lexus nexus that a lot more of their books published last year/this year are now available as digital books. I don't think its been that common in previous years, but obviously with the rise of kindle/ipad textbooks are also moving to ebook format.

cheschirecat

Premium Member
HSC
I've been able to find all my first year textbooks in ebook format (I'm doing the maths/commerce degree at unsw) apart for the textbook required for computing which I find pretty funny so yeah quite a few textbooks can be bought in ebook format. (as izzy said wait until the textbook list is released for your subjects)

minzoir

HSC
I've been able to find all my first year textbooks in ebook format (I'm doing the maths/commerce degree at unsw) apart for the textbook required for computing which I find pretty funny so yeah quite a few textbooks can be bought in ebook format. (as izzy said wait until the textbook list is released for your subjects)
Sweet, thank you. Can you tell me how much the text books would cost each?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)