Cancel some of the HSC? (1 Viewer)

specificagent1

HSC
top 4 would be good ngl
also i already feel like my efforts have gone to waste cos of what lockdown did to my motivation
like, ok, so i’m probably not gonna perform the best in trials at this point and i’ve accepted that. but if they’d give us some certainty regarding the hsc then i’d at least try to get myself back on track to make up for it, i mean, id try to usually but it feels risky at the moment because i don’t want to stress myself any further studying for stuff that’s not even gonna be in the hsc.
CERTAINTY is what WE NEEED!!! GLADY if you're reading this understand this. ALSO CLARITY does not mean unrealistic goals like returning to school on august 16th

A1La5

HSC
This is a MASSIVE equity issue
The whole dilemma I see here with this is that pretty much everything that's been recommended is inequitable in some form. Conducting just the English exam will be inequitable to people who are strongest in subjects that aren't English, placing them at a natural disadvantage. Cancelling the HSC would be inequitable to the people who perform the best through exams in comparison to assignments.

And as you've (correctly) pointed out the proposal of having the non LGA HSC students undertake the exams would be inequitable to the people who are in the LGA areas as their form of assessment will be different. This would also ruin the whole purpose of the HSC exams as a statewide standardized assessment.

I'm curious to see what their decision is. Because from the looks of things at the moment the cabinet have to choose between bad and bad.

zizi2003_

HSC
You guys have seriously coped far far worse than last year 😣
Don't get me wrong, 2020 was tough; but lockdown in term 3, with uncertainty into term 4/HSC exams, just epitomises the literal meaning of 'BAD'
really hoping that it's not like this for next year 12s as well lmaoooooo
hope you guys have a normal last school year 😷

notme123

HSC
tbh I feel the study bugs at ruse and other selective schools are carrying along like they normally would. Does anyone know how their motivation is going because hats off to them if their routine is still consistent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)