Cannabis more harmful than tobacco (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/6922379.stm

A single cannabis joint could damage the lungs as much as smoking up to five tobacco cigarettes one after another, scientists in New Zealand have said.

The research, published in the journal Thorax, found cannabis damaged the large airways in the lungs causing symptoms such as coughing and wheezing.

It also damaged the ability of the lungs to get oxygen to, and remove waste products from tissues.

Experts say the study confirms that the drug represents a serious health risk.
:santa:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
What a deceptive headline, there's no mention of what the real damage from tabacco is (cancer).

jimmayyy

HSC
A single cannabis joint could damage the lungs as much as smoking up to five tobacco cigarettes one after another, scientists in New Zealand have said.

Experts say the study confirms that the drug represents a serious health risk.
wtf?

also

The research, published in the journal Thorax, found cannabis damaged the large airways in the lungs causing symptoms such as coughing and wheezing.

It also damaged the ability of the lungs to get oxygen to, and remove waste products from tissues.
as opposed to

cannabis more harmful than tobacco?

pfffft

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Cannabis is harmless and anyone who disagrees is in the pay of big oil to stop us from living in a utopia where we make everything out of hemp, eat hemp and smoke pot all day

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Cannabis is harmless and anyone who disagrees is in the pay of big oil to stop us from living in a utopia where we make everything out of hemp, eat hemp and smoke pot all day
amen.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
wede? ficking wee?d let me tell u a thing about weed. smoke it everday. keep it real. el weedo supremo. dont do nothing to me. im healthy as asmoker. eat chips eerverday

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
jb_nc said:
wede? ficking wee?d let me tell u a thing about weed. smoke it everday. keep it real. el weedo supremo. dont do nothing to me. im healthy as asmoker. eat chips eerverday
where the fuck do you get yr gear fag who WONT TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I dont believe them. It was probably a government funded study so anything they say is going to be political. Really, its not the cannabis itself that causes the problem, but because hey, people make their own joints and usually they dont give a shit enough to put a filter on.
If it was legalized, then that sort of thing could be regulated.

I see they also didnt mention that the large majority of smokers use a bong, which is like a bagillion times safer than smoking a tobacco cigarette.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)