• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Case Studies? (2 Viewers)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
When do you case studies? I have flicked through HSC, and I don't know when you would use case studies...

shady145

Banned
HSC
in my assessment that is in the first week back in 09, i have to support my answer with relevant case studies. umm say you said a certain management style works better than another in an industrial company, then you could give an example of where this has happened, which you normally find things like this in case studies. One of my text book has heaps of case studies in it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
in my assessment that is in the first week back in 09, i have to support my answer with relevant case studies. umm say you said a certain management style works better than another in an industrial company, then you could give an example of where this has happened, which you normally find things like this in case studies. One of my text book has heaps of case studies in it.
Oh, so you use it as an example? (i.e. to back up your claim)

the-derivative mentioned that to me so I thought I would check that out.

Thanks (to you and the-derivative)

shady145

Banned
HSC
Oh, so you use it as an example? (i.e. to back up your claim)

the-derivative mentioned that to me so I thought I would check that out.

Thanks (to you and the-derivative)
no worries
my school does case studies as we progrgess through the course and makes the case studies we do relevant to the topic we are examining.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
As with all HSC syllabus content when you cover it at school is dependent on your school and teacher. Just like schools do the topics in different orders, they may cover case studies at a different time. Eg: some schools cover the case studies as they progress through the topics, others cover the case study all at once etc.

As to when you would use case studies within the HSC, from the stickied Case Studies - Information and Links thread

Why do you need case study information?
Case studies are used in responses to provide a practical example of the theory - basically they show that you know how the information can be applied to a business in real life.

Where do I use case study information in the HSC Exam?
You use case studies in section IV of the HSC exam paper. (refer to the rubric to see this).
Oh, thanks.

I get it now.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
By the way, I am thinking of doing a business I know for my case studies but unfortunately it is not a well-known company...would this make an impression to the markers that it is second-rated case study?

I am not too sure about doing this one even though I am very familiar with it...would doing internationally known business such as Qantas prove be more appealing to markers?

shady145

Banned
HSC
By the way, I am thinking of doing a business I know for my case studies but unfortunately it is not a well-known company...would this make an impression to the markers that it is second-rated case study?

I am not too sure about doing this one even though I am very familiar with it...would doing internationally known business such as Qantas prove be more appealing to markers?
im not sure but my teacher gave me 2 case studies on 2 major companies and said to use them but get updated information (the case studies were from 05). qantas was one of them.

haylz234

HSC
hey yeah its for section four.

it actually doesnt matter what case study you do ( i tended to make most of mine up ) so the markers don't actually give a shit what you do, so long as its relevant and makes sense.

you could write about any company that ever existed so long as it makes sense to the question asked and you can pull out the relevant pieces of info for the lot.

just pick one case study that works for the whole year of work and memorise important bits.

the bits you don't remember, make up. thats what i did, and i ended up band six so it cant be that bad of an idea then eh?

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)