Case study (1 Viewer)

HSC
Now, what case studies do we have to know? What do you think they will ask by looking at the past papers? lol. How many of them will they ask for the test? thank you very much.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
They can ask anything. Know at least one case really well, know all aspects of it, meaning know all topics for it, and have one back up case as well, because it's always good to discuss more than one. Globalisation most of time is about a business. Business reports are based on stimulus, and the extended responses are usually case studies.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
....some words from the syllabus

"using a case study/studies (real or imagined)

:)

HSC
manifestation said:
They can ask anything. Know at least one case really well, know all aspects of it, meaning know all topics for it, and have one back up case as well, because it's always good to discuss more than one. Globalisation most of time is about a business. Business reports are based on stimulus, and the extended responses are usually case studies.
When you say learn ONE case study really well, you mean for just globilisation etc, or do i have to know a case study for each of them, marketing, globisation etc etc.

HSC
Are they really going to ask for all the case studies though?

HSC
There are 4 sections right. First multiple, second short answer, third is a business plan and fourth is extended response. So, where will we have to use these case studies? IN the fourth section, we will have to discuss one? right? and in the third section? Will we have to refer to afew case studies there?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
#23 said:
There are 4 sections right. First multiple, second short answer, third is a business plan and fourth is extended response. So, where will we have to use these case studies? IN the fourth section, we will have to discuss one? right? and in the third section? Will we have to refer to afew case studies there?
umm what exactly did you learn at school? anything?

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
u only need case studies in the last section... in the 3rd one they give u a stimulus

Peartie

HSC
The Case Study..which as ~SeXcSuM~ said is only needed for section IV...section III is stimulus material...the case study/ies that you use in Section IV can be made up or a real business and as long as u cover all aspects of the question referring 2 it thats fine...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Also the 3rd section isnt really a business plan. Its a report.

Owyn

HSC
Ive been readying the sylabbus and i realised something that i kept overlooking. Before it actually says what the content is, it states what the case study focus's on for each section. I figure a slyabbus cant say something is the focus if it isnt, it can only question you on another focus theyve given you. If that logic is true, we only need to apply our case study to the parts it says....which on topics like change and financial cuts out ALOT of other content from needing a case study to go with it..... was this obvious to you, or am i mistaken in my readying??? also if what im saying is right, i reckon globablisation will remain there, because it has the most focus's for the case study of all the topics.

HSC
I'm going to take a risk and learn the globilisation and the changes in business case studies only. Anyone else taking any risks or yous going to learn them all?

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
well im just gona use a case study and make it up as i go along. thats what i did in the trials and it worked well.

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
MeehShanku said:
well im just gona use a case study and make it up as i go along. thats what i did in the trials and it worked well.

fake it baby! they wont even know! woooo

HSC
Haha, I will only study 1 case study; globilisation. They've had it for 5 years and i bet they'll have it again. I mean they won't use globilisation in section 3 i rekon.. so its gotta be in se ction 4.

HSC
Without Wings said:
They haven't used globalisation for section 4 every year since the new syllabus was implemented, it has been in section 3
Really? I thought it was section 4. Damn, ahah stuff globilisation now haha

crossmyheart

HSC
?? WHAT without wings ??

2004 Section IV
Q27- managing global business
Q28- methods of international bus. expansion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)