casual -> ppt at coles (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
how do you become permanent part time at coles after being a casual there, and what is the ppt pay rate for a 19 year old?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Either ask your department manager or store manager, or wait for it to be offered to you.

Permanent rates for seniors is about 16 bucks an hour, so..maybe about 14?

Zozo6969

HSC
18 y/o part time pay is 10.83 (1.0), overtime is about 13 (1.2 - casual rate) and yeh u can work the rest out for urself. Sundays are 1.5 but if its sunday overtime its 1.7, and public holidays are 2.5 but if its overtime its 2.7.

So a 19 y/o 1.0 pay would be around 12.50-13

tiffanyV

HSC
im having my casual job at Coles too, honestly i dunt really know whether they will employ u as part time worker right after working casual for a long time; it still depends but wait a minute, isnt it true even when ur casual worker, u'r still scheduled for the basic shifts (normally 2 -- 3 shifts / week)? So why would u want them to hire u as PT employee? Unless u plan to work there for a long time, also after u graduate

Last edited:

tiffanyV

HSC
katietheskatie said:
so you can chuck sickies and still get paid?
no, tat anoda case, u dont get paid if ur sick cuz ur not working for tat day, of course for PART TIME, you'll get more advantages, ur schedule is fixed, dunno whether u may get paid even if being sick (have to confirm it), u can go on a holiday without being afraid of losing ur job....etc, but then ur pay is lower compared to Casual.
With casual, it depends on where u work, and ur manager, so at some places u'll have basic shifts, dont get called up in the last minute, or maybe even if they call you, they still let u have time to get urself ready and of course u'll get higher pay.... Whichever PART TIME or CASUAL ---- there both advantages & disadvantages

HSC
Zozo6969 said:
18 y/o part time pay is 10.83 (1.0), overtime is about 13 (1.2 - casual rate)
SHOCKHORROR! Gosh, the pay is so little for so much work!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I don't understand why any guys (or brave women) don't just do contruction work through uni. The pay is over $20/h and there is plenty of demand.

Also, they usually train you on the job.

I am a first aider on a construction site and I see these totally incompetent boys come to work and within a couple of hours they start to get good at what they're doing.

If I had the strength, I'd do construction through uni.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
I don't understand why any guys (or brave women) don't just do contruction work through uni. The pay is over $20/h and there is plenty of demand.

Also, they usually train you on the job.

I am a first aider on a construction site and I see these totally incompetent boys come to work and within a couple of hours they start to get good at what they're doing.

If I had the strength, I'd do construction through uni.
how do i get a job as a construction trainee? also don't they usually require that you work full time?

CieL

HSC
uberlovesounds said:
SHOCKHORROR! Gosh, the pay is so little for so much work!
So little for so much work??

What do you mean? You hardly do anything at Coles.. it's the bludgiest job I've ever had..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)