Category B subjects (1 Viewer)

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering if I’m ranked second in my year, will my marks get dragged down if some people in my cohort did bad?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This depends on the performance of the person that achieves the second-highest Examination Mark. The Examination Mark (which constitutes 50% of a student's HSC mark) is the mark you receive for the HSC exam of a particular subject, which, in the case of a Category B subject, applies to students who choose to sit the HSC exam for that particular subject. The Examination Mark is then used as part of the moderation process alongside ranks in order to determine a student's Assessment Mark (which also constitutes 50% of a student's HSC mark). For example, if the second-highest Examination Mark is 85, you will receive a similar mark as your Assessment Mark, because you ranked 2nd overall in your school-based assessment tasks/exams. The other 50% will be determined through your own performance in the HSC exam for that particular subject.

I hope this helps! :D

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
weird,I thought it was 100% HSC.. cause when i checked my students online, i cant see my rank unlike all my other subjects
This depends on the performance of the person that achieves the second-highest Examination Mark. The Examination Mark (which constitutes 50% of a student's HSC mark) is the mark you receive for the HSC exam of a particular subject, which, in the case of a Category B subject, applies to students who choose to sit the HSC exam for that particular subject. The Examination Mark is then used as part of the moderation process alongside ranks in order to determine a student's Assessment Mark (which also constitutes 50% of a student's HSC mark). For example, if the second-highest Examination Mark is 85, you will receive a similar mark as your Assessment Mark, because you ranked 2nd overall in your school-based assessment tasks/exams. The other 50% will be determined through your own performance in the HSC exam for that particular subject.

I hope this helps! :D

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
weird,I thought it was 100% HSC.. cause when i checked my students online, i cant see my rank unlike all my other subjects
Apologies! The HSC mark is indeed 100% dependent on the Examination Mark in the case of Category B subjects. Because of this, it is fully dependent on your own performance in the HSC exam of the particular Category B subject, i.e. it is not affected by factors that would apply in the case of Category A subjects, such as your rank compared to your cohort or your school rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)