Change in degree structure/required units- 2014 handbook (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hi guys,

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm wondering how a change in degree structure/a change in required units in my degree for 2014 will affect me.
For example in line of the recent changes to the law degree structure for 2014 (some lvl 300 units now being lvl 200 units/ changes in the names of certain units etc), as a law student, will I have to adopt the 2014 structure?

I was under the impression that when we enrolled as a first year student, we entered a contract with the uni and agreed that I would undertake the current structure I'm doing now (2012). Is there any clause that we would have to adopt any new law degree structures if implemented? This would significantly alter my plans for doing certain subjects next semester :(

Thanks!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I was under the impression that when we enrolled as a first year student, we entered a contract with the uni and agreed that I would undertake the current structure I'm doing now (2012).
Technically this is correct, but be prepared to really push for it. I had to go through so much bureaucratic bullshit to be able to graduate with the program into which i originally entered.

Can you link details of both the old and new programs? Usually when they make changes to a program they'll allow those in the original program a few years to graduate before attempting to force you into the new one.

will90211

HSC
Hiya Ray. I'm doing a BA with a Dip Ed. The Dip Ed has now been ditched into the sexier 'Bachelor of Education'. Its not just a name change though, as they've added on extra unit requirements. At the start of the year we were told of these impending changes and were given the option of sticking with the Dip Ed or moving over to the BoE next year. Most people stuck with the Dip Ed. I've received stern advice that the handbook you enrol in for, the degree structure, is one the one you will need to meet in order to graduate. Units which are added in 2014 are fine but you should stay within the 2013 degree structure.

Hope this helps.

rayy_bann

HSC
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. Thanks heaps for your replies, I think I found my answer and they were similar to yours :) thank again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)