changeing self/american history X (1 Viewer)

Morgues

For sure
In a way every change in perspective is actually a change in self a

Lee

yeah i know that, which is why i thought of it, but i watched it the other night whne it was on and wondered if there was really enough in it?

on another note, i wasn annoye when they showe dit on tv cause the took out the best bit. the part when the main guy stomps on the black guys head on the curb. pretty gross but very emotive

roo

HSC
Originally posted by Lee
yeah i know that, which is why i thought of it, but i watched it the other night whne it was on and wondered if there was really enough in it?

on another note, i wasn annoye when they showe dit on tv cause the took out the best bit. the part when the main guy stomps on the black guys head on the curb. pretty gross but very emotive
a few people i know are doing american history X, they seem pretty confident doing it with heaps of notes and stuff. :)

i closed my eyes in that bit.. :( too graphic for me..

visiondamage

i think American History X is an excellent movie to do for Changing Self. i did part of the movie of my english assessment and i got 13/15 :)

changing self and changing perspective are basically the same thing anyway. you crap on about the same thing and change the wordage.

its all good :)

fight club would be another good one to use

kyoto

American History X Is very good...

if you want the quotes i will post now, because jin didnt get to use them - no TIME!

these are my favourite -

"His family taught him HATE;
His friends taught him RAGE;
His enemies taught him LOVE"

-DVD cover.

"People look at me and see my brother..."
[Danny types and then erases - can be taken to mean many things]

"Uh... I feel a little inside out... um... i dont know, there's some things that well... don't fit."
[Derek to Principal after rape]

"Well you can forget about that, Im done with it... Im done with it. All the bullshit out there and all your bullshit too, Im out."
[Derek to Cameron]

"I didnt get any answers becausei was asking the wrong questions."
[Principal to Derek]

"I mean, I killed two guys... I killed them... and it didn't make me feel any different... I only got more lost... And... Im tired of being pissed off... Im just tired of it."
[Derek to Danny]

"Anyway, we're gunna try to pick things up and start over, it won't be easy... but we're all together and i feel good."
[Danny in essay... right before he is killed, ironic.]

"Well, my conclusion is "hate is baggage"... Lifes too short to be pissed off all the time... its just not worth it."
[Dannys essay]

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not BE enemies, though passion we have strained - let's not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory swell and again touched, the better angels of our nature."
[Dannys closing quote. Cant source this?]

If someone could help I with Macbeth? will be greatly appreciated!

:XerO:

Source of Quote

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not BE enemies, though passion we have strained - let's not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory swell and again touched, the better angels of our nature."
This quote from the end of Danny's essay is from Abraham Lincoln's "First Inaugural Address" on March 4, 1861....for anyone that's interested. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)