Changes to UMAT 2013 - Reading time, Sections not divided (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
Changes for the 2013 UMAT, on a letter given to our Careers Advisor:

-All candidates will be given 10 minutes reading time at the start of the test. This time will be for reading and checking the completeness and accuracy of the printing of the test booklet. Candidates will not be allowed to make notes or marks on the test booklet or answer sheet during reading time.

-The three sections will no longer be divided and timed separately. Candidates will be given three hours to complete the test.

-Candidates will still receive 4 scores, one per section plus an overall score. From 2013 the Overall Score will be reported as an aggregate instead of an average. Please note that as results are calculated to several decimal points it will not be possible for candidates to calculate their Overall Score.
How do you think this will affect candidates?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
I think doing it all in one hit is definitely better - I know I would have preferred it that way when I did it.

acciofirebolt

HSC
so does this mean that questions from the three sections will be all jumbled up? or does it still mean section 1 will be first, followed by section 2 then section 3 as normal but that there won't be any breaks in between?

iBibah

HSC
Time management will be fucked for so many people. Lol
This is what I thought. I have a feeling many will get bogged on a section and go way over time with it.

iBibah

HSC
so does this mean that questions from the three sections will be all jumbled up? or does it still mean section 1 will be first, followed by section 2 then section 3 as normal but that there won't be any breaks in between?
I'm not sure, because it says they'll be no longer divided it could mean they are jumbled.

EDIT: Just checked out the practice exam, and the questions are jumbled.

Last edited:

RishBonjour

HSC
Anyone has the link for this on ACER's page.

EDIT: I emailed ACER - they said the practice material reflects the test - 3 hour rest with no rest break. They still haven't provided me with a link on ACER's website. Its not on the information booklet...

Last edited:

Eg155

HSC
I was dreading the change at first due because it requires you to constantly change your mindset.
But, by jumbling the questions it actually keeps you more alert and less likely to lose focus.

HSC
I was dreading the change at first due because it requires you to constantly change your mindset.
But, by jumbling the questions it actually keeps you more alert and less likely to lose focus.
^^

I'm going to hate the logical questions that pop up anyway so I guess it is good if it is spread!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)