changing units- from normal to advanced (1 Viewer)

kimjuliana

HSC
Hey guys! I just enrolled and I only picked normal level units for maths and science. I wasn't even aware there were advanced units =='. Is it possible to change this, because I fit the prerequisites for the advanced courses... :(
Thanks

Andrew759

HSC
Its actually locked until sometime in february. Im trying to find the exact date.

EDIT: cant find it but it will be open sometime early february. Probably the 10th/11th.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe it's the 10th.

kimjuliana

HSC
okk thank you!!!! Btw, is it okay for me to change from math1001 to persay math1901? Do I have to get faculty permission?
NB: I did ext 2 maths

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

kimjuliana

HSC
oh ok... so I just sign the form and hope they give me permission? And also is it worth doing advanced courses for maths and science??
EDIT: Flagged? What does that mean?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
oh ok... so I just sign the form and hope they give me permission? And also is it worth doing advanced courses for maths and science??
EDIT: Flagged? What does that mean?
It just means that if you can't do it through MyAdmin, there will be a message telling you to contact the unit coordinator.

kimjuliana

HSC
Oh ok. Thanks for the help everyone. Should I fill in and hand in the forms right now? Or wait til the 10th; change on enrolment variation and then hand in the form?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh ok. Thanks for the help everyone. Should I fill in and hand in the forms right now? Or wait til the 10th; change on enrolment variation and then hand in the form?
There's no real rush to do it now. Swapping units is pretty seamless so you can do it whenever (of course before the census date).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no real rush to do it now. Swapping units is pretty seamless so you can do it whenever (of course before the census date).
Yeah this, I changed to geos1902(from geos1002) in the second week of uni and it's all pretty seamless. Just heed le census date :) It's not a big stress and common for students to switch their units a bit. (esp if you are indecisive like me :p)

kimjuliana

HSC

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
What are the benefits of doing the advanced courses? I asked the year advisors today and they said there's no scaling, so if that's right then there's no real benefit to doing advanced subjects other than having a challenge, right?

HSC
What are the benefits of doing the advanced courses? I asked the year advisors today and they said there's no scaling, so if that's right then there's no real benefit to doing advanced subjects other than having a challenge, right?
That's what they want you to believe. All Faculty of Science units (esp where there is adv, normal/fundies) is scaled.

The benefit is that the cohort is stronger so you will have peers that are actually interested in the subject matter - this is one that people often overlook but is one of the most important things!!

You enter one of the 'inner circles' if you know what I mean.

kimjuliana

HSC
That's what they want you to believe. All Faculty of Science units (esp where there is adv, normal/fundies) is scaled.

The benefit is that the cohort is stronger so you will have peers that are actually interested in the subject matter - this is one that people often overlook but is one of the most important things!!

You enter one of the 'inner circles' if you know what I mean.
If you do the adv. courses by how much do they scale you? For example is it really hard to get a distinction or a h. distinction in the normal level units of study?

HSC
If you do the adv. courses by how much do they scale you? For example is it really hard to get a distinction or a h. distinction in the normal level units of study?
No, it is not really hard to get a D or HD in normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)