• Best of luck to the class of 2020 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chem Quiz (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Messages
5,474
Location
UNSW
Gender
Male
HSC
2003
That quiz is BS!

Some questions are very tricky.

But it's fun to do :D
 

spice girl

magic mirror
Joined
Aug 10, 2002
Messages
785
u know wot? the RACI quiz actually test *real* chemistry, so wot u learn from HSC won't help.
 

Xayma

Lacking creativity
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
5,956
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Hopefully I do as well as last year :). Hmm what is the difference between an award of excellence and a certificate of excellence? The certificates of excellence goes from 35 in 2002 to 134 in 2003. 1/134 doesnt make me feel special :(
 
Last edited:

5c

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2003
Messages
234
Location
sydney=)
Gender
Female
HSC
2004
Originally posted by Ragerunner
That quiz is BS!

Some questions are very tricky.

But it's fun to do :D
i agree..
2002's yr 11 division paper had titration questions in it..
i didnt know wat it was
 

iambored

dum-di-dum
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
10,868
Location
here
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2003
yeah i did for the last few years, i didn;t understand most of the questions, but i tried to work out answers and i went fine.
 

Xayma

Lacking creativity
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
5,956
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
And just incase your wondering heres what the plaque for excellence looks like:

 

Xayma

Lacking creativity
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
5,956
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Yeah they are cheap, its a plastic backing as well.

Lets see last year out of 30 I got 30, dont know if that is the only way or not, because it just says awards for excellence and it places a certificate of excellence (which is 100%) in a different category.
 

xiao1985

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
5,710
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by 5c
i agree..
2002's yr 11 division paper had titration questions in it..
i didnt know wat it was
yea i noe... i got a same quesiton, aprt from i didn't haf a slightest idea wut titration was... >.< '
Originally posted by Xayma
Yeah they are cheap, its a plastic backing as well.

Lets see last year out of 30 I got 30, dont know if that is the only way or not, because it just says awards for excellence and it places a certificate of excellence (which is 100%) in a different category.
=) mg, xyama... so jealous... =) i got some random certificate... made out of paper...
 

Xayma

Lacking creativity
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
5,956
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
dont we all get one for participation :rolleyes:
Yep you even get the participation one if you get another type, so you get 2 if you get a credit+
 

Xayma

Lacking creativity
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
5,956
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
The two certificates?
No the participation one looks stupid (ie plain white paper)
 

xiao1985

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
5,710
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Xayma
The two certificates?
No the participation one looks stupid (ie plain white paper)
YIPPE!!! mine's yellowish
 

budj

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
268
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2004
i got 29/30 last year for chem quiz. arggggggg
 

jaspreet

jasz
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
46
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by spice girl
u know wot? the RACI quiz actually test *real* chemistry, so wot u learn from HSC won't help.
What do you mean by real Chemistry? Like, what type of stuff is in the year 12 one?
 

spice girl

magic mirror
Joined
Aug 10, 2002
Messages
785
Originally posted by jaspreet
What do you mean by real Chemistry? Like, what type of stuff is in the year 12 one?
like, real solid stuff like calculations, etc. not arty-farty environmental and social issues with batteries and crap we get for HSC
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top