Chemistry (1 Viewer)

sexysarah2003

Is anyone else having difficulty with chemistry here?

For my trials l got 23.5%

I have to admit l don't study as much as l should but l just can't understand the subject...and doing prelim and HSC course in 1 year doens't help

Can anyone tell me their average socres for chemistry HSC or Prelim? Thanks so much!

Tenchi

Assistant Promotions Manager
Originally posted by sexysarah2003
Is anyone else having difficulty with chemistry here?

For my trials l got 23.5%

I have to admit l don't study as much as l should but l just can't understand the subject...and doing prelim and HSC course in 1 year doens't help

Can anyone tell me their average socres for chemistry HSC or Prelim? Thanks so much!
Dont worry too much abt trials.. its meant to be hard.. u'll find that its actually even harder than the HSC.. well in my experience..

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i'm doing prelim chem and we've only had one assessment! well our yearlies are next week! (and look at me, on the net...using my time productively!)

just hang in there...you say your doing pre-lim AND hsc course this year...so ofcourse its gonna be a challenge, theres so much to know in just pre-lim, so double the work..i don't blame you..

always ask questions if u don't get it..dont wait coz it only gets harder and u need to get the basics before u move on

:)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
thanks HSC 4 life, but its September and my HSC exam is in November, l don't understand Chemistry AT ALL and l dunno, l guess l have a negative approach because l don't understand!

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
I'm doing ok in Prelim chem, i like the subject, and that always helps :)

Anyway - just a note to say - does anyone have any past exam papers for the chem prelim yearlies? I need some practice badly... plz help if you can :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
get a tutor. it might help. and i dont know why ur doing the hsc / prelim in one year... is that even legal? sue ur school :p

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
pathways possible? well u'ce got ur HSC year to go..
Originally posted by iyamahobbit
I'm doing ok in Prelim chem, i like the subject, and that always helps :)

Anyway - just a note to say - does anyone have any past exam papers for the chem prelim yearlies? I need some practice badly... plz help if you can :)

um i do :) pm sent ;)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
get a tutor. it might help. and i dont know why ur doing the hsc / prelim in one year... is that even legal? sue ur school :p

lol, good idea, but our schools so cheap there would be no point sueing!! I have a tutor, and l see him once a week. it still doesn't help.

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
I have a tutor, and l see him once a week. it still doesn't help.
Time to get a new tutor then :mad:

BTW - unless i'm mistakne, there are BOS regulations meaning that if someone reported that your school was teaching u yr 11 stuff early, they could get into biiiiiiiiiig trouble. I could b wrong tho.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
having the best tutor in the world means jack if u don't study yourself.

think twice before u say "he doesn't help"

maybe your not letting him help you coz in the end its YOU that has to put in the work... not HIM (tutor)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by iyamahobbit
Time to get a new tutor then :mad:

BTW - unless i'm mistakne, there are BOS regulations meaning that if someone reported that your school was teaching u yr 11 stuff early, they could get into biiiiiiiiiig trouble. I could b wrong tho.
Umm no, my tutor is fine. He is about 60 years old and his whole life he has been a chemistry lecturer at uni so l think he knows what he's talking about.

Another thing, its called PATHWAYS. I only have 3 subjects this year. year 11 gen maths, year 11 adv eng and year 11 and 12 chem. Next year l will be going year 12 maths, year 12 eng, year 11 and 12 biology and year 11 and 12 hospitality.

Its weird but l have about 10 chem lessons a week and l only see my tutor for an hour once a week. It isn't really helping because we do so much in chemistry in a week, we cover so many things.

Plus l am in year 11, that means that l am learning year 11 work on time.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
having the best tutor in the world means jack if u don't study yourself.

think twice before u say "he doesn't help"

maybe your not letting him help you coz in the end its YOU that has to put in the work... not HIM (tutor)
maybe YOU should get YOUR facts straight. I have about 10 lessons of chemistry a week. I only see him for 1 hour per week. It is really hard to go through everything l have done in those 10 lessons in 1 hour, especially if l find it hard to grasp this subject.

Just because you may understand chem doens't mean that everyone else will. I have a lot of trouble with it, thats why l got the tutor (duh) and it doens't seem to be helping. I do study (if you knew me you'd know that) obviously you don't so just get your facts straight before you start to critizise someone about their study habits.

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
I have a lot of trouble with it, thats why l got the tutor (duh) and it doens't seem to be helping.
Umm no, my tutor is fine. He is about 60 years old and his whole life he has been a chemistry lecturer at uni so l think he knows what he's talking about.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not criticising your tutor. I can see that 10 lessons of chem, and 1hr of tutoring isn't going to be enough. But maybe you should ask for more lessons with him, if it's just the time.

But, as it sounds like you're saying, you stilll have probs with the concepts, maybe, despite knowing your stuff, the tutor you have just isn't hte best thing for u. To me, it sounds like you just need more lessons with him.

Pathways sounds interesting, neway, got me a bit confused, but owell, i won't bother trying to understand it just now.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
isnt pathways like when you decide to undertake the hsc for a longer period of time? i think those students with heaps of athletic commitments and stuff choose the option/..maybe im wrong

peace out

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel

Its weird but l have about 10 chem lessons a week and l only see my tutor for an hour once a week. It isn't really helping because we do so much in chemistry in a week, we cover so many things.

Plus l am in year 11, that means that l am learning year 11 work on time.
I can see why your having trouble then, your learning most of your yr 12 stuff before you have learnt the leadin preliminary course like "the mole".
As your on time with your yr 11 stuff, Id suggest to quickly go over your yr 12 Chem again, and look at the yr 11 lead in

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i have only read ur first post - chem is hard. u gotta make notes, learn, then practice questions till you get good

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
the chemistry pathways textbook is good because they have the review questions at the end of each bit and at the end of each module, do them and im sure you'll be laughing.

Lozt

CHEM TUITION!

G'day,

how're u guys enjoying school? =P

Well, been reading the posts u guys have had.

I'm actually a chemistry tutor, and have been tutoring for a year now, with 4 HSC chem students currently.

They've all been with me for nearly a year now (depending when the've started), and yeah, have all come by referral.

Well, just want to say that the reason why I do tutor people, is that coz i believe that tutoring does help. Well, i try make sure it does.
It should NOT be a waste of time, and you should be able to go from tuition each week knowing MORE than what you've learnt the whole week at school! I mean, it is one-on-one, and you are paying for it, so it'd betta be worth it!!

Well, best of luck with you guys, and ur tutors. Just want to let you know that if you're interested, I am thinking of taking students for next year. So yeah, gimme a shout if you're interested!

I've put more detail in another thread that i've put up... so yeah, plz go take a look if u're interested... soz if it's a bit too long! (u'll see... =P)

neways, best wishes for ur studies... and most importantly, ENJOY chemistry!! (yes... it can be possible!)

Lawrence

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by smegthehead
the chemistry pathways textbook is good because they have the review questions at the end of each bit and at the end of each module, do them and im sure you'll be laughing.
I have the prelim and HSC books of pathways. My teacher told me not to use it because it isn't this years syllabus or something. I bought it so it would help me, but l didn't buy it at the start of the year, which was hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)