class of o6`: major work (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
as it is the holidays now, im just wondering what topic you guys are doing and if anyone has begun to do extensive and refined research? my topic is the historicity of Jesus Christ and i have only recently started reading up on one of my sources.

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I'm doing the Historiography of Mary Bryant
I've read one historical novel of hers....one source
Researched...fricking long arduous research about her life (in historical archives)...not sure if i count these as sources...but i will..two sources
and watched the telemovie that i taped once..cuz its 4 hours, alas....one source

4 sources. its enough but maybe i'll get another historical novel to make the nice odd number of 5.

I think i have to go to the state library to look up more stuff

cheerio

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
I'm doing the Iran-Iraq war of 1980-88.
how and why did american become involved, what are the differing perspectives, was the war historically justifiable.. all that crap. should be good.

I haven't done any "research" per se.. Our teacher took us (only 2 of us in the class) to macquarie uni library but there wasn't much there.. got one book and read a few chapters. Done some prelim research on the net too, that's about it.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
my topic is the historicity of Jesus Christ and i have only recently started reading up on one of my sources.
I'm doing the same, finding it a little hard gathering legit, unbiased information though, most stuff looks to be coloured heavily by the writers own beliefs. Tres Gay.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
minushuman said:
I'm doing the same, finding it a little hard gathering legit, unbiased information though, most stuff looks to be coloured heavily by the writers own beliefs. Tres Gay.
oh cool, whats your question for it? books that might help you are:

-The Holy Blood The Holy Grail (intro includes really good information)
-Secrets of the code:The Unauthorised Guide to the mysteries behind the Da Vinci code
-The Templar Revelation: Secret Guardians of the the true identity of Christ

luscious-llama said:
I'm doing the Historiography of Mary Bryant
I've read one historical novel of hers....one source
Researched...fricking long arduous research about her life (in historical archives)...not sure if i count these as sources...but i will..two sources
and watched the telemovie that i taped once..cuz its 4 hours, alas....one source

4 sources. its enough but maybe i'll get another historical novel to make the nice odd number of 5.

I think i have to go to the state library to look up more stuff

cheerio
damn you've done so much. i feel so guilty now ><*

X

xeuyrawp

hopeles5ly said:
oh cool, whats your question for it? books that might help you are:

-The Holy Blood The Holy Grail (intro includes really good information)
That's an ok book, but bordering on conspiracy theory crap.

-Secrets of the code:The Unauthorised Guide to the mysteries behind the Da Vinci code
Yeah, I really wouldn't bother with anything about the da Vinci Code... Most intelligent scholars have just ignored that book. :)

-The Templar Revelation: Secret Guardians of the the true identity of Christ
Again, I think it's borderlying on conspiracy theory.

One of my students wrote an excellent essay as part of her core study for the Historicity of Jesus... Would you like me to copy down the main sources she used? I'd only do it if I saw a few people getting a benefit from it.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
That's an ok book, but bordering on conspiracy theory crap.

Yeah, I really wouldn't bother with anything about the da Vinci Code... Most intelligent scholars have just ignored that book. :)

Again, I think it's borderlying on conspiracy theory.

One of my students wrote an excellent essay as part of her core study for the Historicity of Jesus... Would you like me to copy down the main sources she used? I'd only do it if I saw a few people getting a benefit from it.
yeah that would be great.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
damn you've done so much. i feel so guilty now ><*
Hehehe I have many major works to complete :(..thats why i've started so much...
I have EE2, Art, and then the ISP for religion...oh shizenburg

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
Hehehe I have many major works to complete :(..thats why i've started so much...
I have EE2, Art, and then the ISP for religion...oh shizenburg
wow that is a lot. but anyways good luck with them all ! and also is your isp due first day back or something?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
wow that is a lot. but anyways good luck with them all ! and also is your isp due first day back or something?
Hehehe nah my ISP is due in May, but i'm doing religion by correspondence :(...so we get alot of work to do there...
so yes, if i can be bothered i'm going to try and have it finished by february..
thanks for the luck :) same with you!!!