ClOuDsTReeT!!!! (1 Viewer)

blink rock

HSC
this is going to sound really ridiculous, but i was wondering if n e one had n e general information on cloudstreet??? it just dawned on me that i have none, our teacher has taught us to go in depth with our readings and the way in which we value the text from our p.o.v. but i have nothing to write about the whole novel in the introduction!!!! n e ideas would be fantastic!!! thankyou and goodluck to everyone in tomorrows 2nd english exam!!!!!

scoby_2000

HSC
hehe same boat buddy

Start of my speech (from assesment)

Cloudstreet. A novel written by an Australian, Tim winton, graduate of Curtin University Western Australia, who at the age of 27 commenced writing the novel in Australia, then travelled to Paris, IReland and Greece on a writer's scholarship and then came back to Australia at the age of 31 to finish it. The novel is set at the end of World War Two and the following twenty years. Cloudstreet follows the lives of two families, the Pickles from Geraldton and the Lambs from MArgaret River and how they come together at Number One Cloud Street Perth. Cloudstreet is now, as you see, on the HSC syllabus and thanks to us and to the IB students and even to the university academics, each year thousands of copies are bouight and studied. Cloudstreet has also been translated into over 20 languages from Hebrew to Swedish, though i prefer the English version (haha, they loved it :D). The novel's reception since its release has been contentious due to many aspects. In this speech i will discuss how the societal values within Cloudstreet give the novel its own vaue, how the nopvel was received when it was released and how the novel is received today.

:D (just some info....its all i ever really put in)

blink rock

HSC
CloUdStrEET!

oh, i didnt even think of doing it that way!!!!
i was just sticking to the boring old, "Valueing a text depends on an individuals context, and their position in the world, and different readings influence our position of a text...." u get the drift.....
thanks for your help!!

scoby_2000

HSC
blink rock said:
oh, i didnt even think of doing it that way!!!!
i was just sticking to the boring old, "Valueing a text depends on an individuals context, and their position in the world, and different readings influence our position of a text...." u get the drift.....
thanks for your help!!
that wud of been good considering last years HSC question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)