Cnnnn (abc Tv) (1 Viewer)

Dario

HSC
So, did anyone watch CNNNN on Thursday night ? That must be the best half hour of television in the whole week. So original and funny !

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
read about it in smh telly guide, thought "mmm... election chaser rocked, must watch this", and come thursady had completely forgotten. Next week...

Cherries

i thought it rocked.

i love the chaser team. i didnt watch the election chaser when it was on but i listen to them on the radio and buy their newspaper.

CNNN was just hilarious. Definitely wont miss it.:D

Dario

HSC
I've never heard of them, I just watched it by chance. What radio show and newspaper segment do they have ? I haven't seen Election Chaser, but I think I have seen a clip on The Panel or something. Were they the people who brung a refugee to parliament and had a blow-up baseball bat and asked politicians going through the doors "Do you want to bash a refugee" ?

Cherries

The newspaper is called The Chaser and is available once a month. It's a satirical at the world. It's hilarious.
The Chaser team is on Triple M on Monday nite and Thursady nite rom about Ten.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
I love the Chaser blokes/blokesses. The only problem I have with CNNNN is also a problem with its serious counterpart (CNN, obviously). The trying to read the scrolling text while watching the picture and listening to the commentary makes my head spin a tad. Hmm... I must b'getting old in m'young age. #8D

SaveFerris

First episode of CNNNN was good but I remember Election Chaser as being better...maybe the team just needs to find their groove in the new show...comedy is often like that

I agree with the watching scrolling words vs. images thing...where to look? A friend of mine taped the show so she could watch it twice...once for the images and once for the words...a little extreme, perhaps, but then again would be worth it...some of the scrolling headlines were hilarious!

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
If it was any longer, my brain would pop from the strain of doing three things at once constantly. :)

I don't know how people in the good ol' US-of-A watch this without their heads imploding... :D

ben

I'm a fan of the headlines along the bottom of the screen. The show is "OK".... the market research segment is always hilarious

Although I think TheOnion is far greater than TheChaser stories...

Sanchez#1

Hehe I Love CNNNN

I especially liked that part when they were paying out on David Marr. I mean, the show itself is just an entire parody. Why does David Marr have to treat it seriously like a real news program?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by Sanchez#1
Hehe I Love CNNNN

I especially liked that part when they were paying out on David Marr. I mean, the show itself is just an entire parody. Why does David Marr have to treat it seriously like a real news program?
\

my best guess is they set that bit up... they used to do a similar thing for frontline (same network so it wouldn't be that hard)

ben

Originally posted by saladsugery
\

my best guess is they set that bit up... they used to do a similar thing for frontline (same network so it wouldn't be that hard)
yep - it's dead easy when its on abc

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
muahah i like "fungry burger" the best
"im fungry'

the Peking burger etc are so funny

B

Bambul

I'm quite surprised that I like CNNNN. I didn't like election chaser, probably because it made Backberner (fav TV show) to go off the air right before the election. And I was so looking forward to hear Dexter Pinion give his pro-Liberal propaganda campaigns.

Although I only just recently started watching CNNNN (24 used to on at that hour), and I have to say I love the whole "Comedy Feast" thing the ABC has every Thursday night. It's made Monday and Thursday my big TV nights. SBS also has a 1 1/2 hour comedy timeslot on Saturday nights: Pizza (now Mr Hell Show), South Park and John Saffron.

And I find the scrollbar hillarious: "Doormat sick of being treated like a woman".

Cherries

i love that Chris Taylor The Brian Grieg Weeks was funny
I also liked the way that were disgusted about Jimi Carter getting the nobel peace prize
But i will always prefer the newspaper this months fav headline

Prince Harry to follow in Diana's Footsteps:
"i wont get a real job either":D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)