Coles Manager keeps changing my hours. (1 Viewer)

hecticated

HSC
So I have a 10 hour part-time contract at Coles which I signed when the uni semester started.
On the contract it specifies the exact days and hours I am supposed to work. E.g. 5-9pm on Monday.

I checked online today and apparently I'm working 6-10pm on Monday which I am not ok with since I have an early start the next day. It's really annoying because my manager is doing this alot recently where she changes my roster so that I dont work the hours that were on my contract. She also increases my shift without telling me so when I arrive I discover that I'm working an extra hour. I have been working for 7 months but in the holidays I had plenty of spare time so it wasn't an issue.

Basically, is it ok for her to not follow the hours stated on my contract? It's frustrating because I have a lot to balance and I can't deal with all these random changes. I thought Coles would be organised lol.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
So I have a 10 hour part-time contract at Coles which I signed when the uni semester started.
On the contract it specifies the exact days and hours I am supposed to work. E.g. 5-9pm on Monday.

I checked online today and apparently I'm working 6-10pm on Monday which I am not ok with since I have an early start the next day. It's really annoying because my manager is doing this alot recently where she changes my roster so that I dont work the hours that were on my contract. She also increases my shift without telling me so when I arrive I discover that I'm working an extra hour. I have been working for 7 months but in the holidays I had plenty of spare time so it wasn't an issue.

Basically, is it ok for her to not follow the hours stated on my contract? It's frustrating because I have a lot to balance and I can't deal with all these random changes. I thought Coles would be organised lol.
I don't think she can - isn't the contents of a contract legally binding?

Flop21

HSC
Check if your contract says anything similar to "these hours may change" etc.

You should be upfront with her, not aggressive, just simply tell her "I'd rather my shifts be what is specified in my contract". They'd rather you do that than quit and have to train someone else.

hecticated

HSC
My contract only has stuff about them changing my part-time roster but they must give me 2-weeks notice which is obviously what they aren't giving me.

Thank you for your responses though! I'll see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)