Com/Fin societies? (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Hi guys, are there any commerce or finance societies at UTS? If so, can you give me a website or some contact details?

Any info is much appreciated.

ND

HSC
Thanks. Hmm strange that there's no finance related club at UTS.

HSC
well you can start a commerce/financial society if there's none around. however there's heaps of responsibility including organisational and financial stuff which can be a burden. i think you also need some support from the uts union but don't quote me on that. but if you can manage and handle everything in the end then that's fantastic!
i'm surprised there's lots of computing/IT societies whereas there's not many business/commerce/financial related societies even though there's heaps of students in the business faculty.
i think the most relevent societies are AIESEC, International Association of Business Communicators, AYBC (Asia/Aust youth Business Council) and 'Entrepeneurs'. not sure what the latter is about.

edit: i dunno if AIESEC and the AYBC are relevent to finance orgs but ask clubs at oweek for more info.

Last edited:

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I would be interested in being involved in the formation of one.

If interested ND PM me.

ND

HSC
I'm not actually at UTS, i was wanting to contact a finance related society regarding an inter-uni competition. (i'm doing it through the econ&fin faculty instead)

Thanks for the info btw freakstar

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
It's surprising since UTS was the first uni to introduce the Finance & Maths degree.

Q to UTS students: Since a high proportion of UTS students are part-time (working full-time), does this mean that UTS has a less active campus life?

Dimsum

HSC
Q to UTS students: Since a high proportion of UTS students are part-time (working full-time), does this mean that UTS has a less active campus life?
Also the fact UTS doesnt really have a set campus hurts the social life. Business is in Haymarket, Engineering in the Tower building, IT have their own building as does Nursing etc...

So there is no real area where everyone can hang out, and there does seem to be a high proportion of people in suits at lectures.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
does UTS have one of them business society things ? like COMSOC ? ._.

i wanna join one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)