come on tx crew, post some replys (1 Viewer)

chatherine

HSC
people better leave responses here, or im going to feel llike im the only person who did the exam. any care to complain or discuss question 14, i mean come on, it was bs. i wanted culture or historical design, or internal and external factors, not decorating methods, bahhh what a gay question. in my trial i got 89%, was a good effort, this one im thinking itll be around the 60% mark, so dissappointed

missyc

HSC
yeha in my trial i got 47 outta 50 and this exam was total bs like wat the hell was question 14....the whole paper actually focused on just oneee gay topic..culture pretty much wat about everythign else we bothered learning?? and some of the culture questions were weird liek the workers skills and the 3 marks question on yarn? my teacher said it would be a big argument at marking for q 14 so not to worry to much

blue_eye_baby

HSC
i am really happy with this exam :D:D finally one that was good to me :)
i thought question 14 was piss, i did 15 and finished the entire booklet
the mutilple choice was fairly easy and the ATI was ok too
the designTquestion sucked a bit, didnt like it all on culture , i wanted some variety in the questions. the one about textile art forms, i thought i had the wrong anwser when actually i was correct,..i had put brakets around it and tried to dismiss it :s hopefully they will acknowlegde it.....
and the properties and performance were good too

Last edited:

baby_bec

hey how do u know u got full marks, cuz we neevr find out our marks...and that exam was shit WTF was it about...like some of those questions its like wtf were they on..i hate it i probs got like 0!!!

pipanella

Hey...i agree with all of you!!!

...It was an easy exam and didn't challenge or cover any of the other topics on technology, innovations, historical and contemporary design!!!
..question 14 was shit...i mean 10 marks to write about decorating a jacket that looked like a flower!!! and we're supposed to be the next generation of designers!!! good luck to you all though...

pipanella

one more thing...doesn't it suck that if we do badly in this exam it reflects on all the hard work we put into our majors and portfolios...its a bummer we never know our marks!!! something i really deteste about the HSC system...

missyc

HSC
i had my work selected into texstyle and it doesnt necessarily mean you got 50..like you got pretty damn close but other people may also have gotten like 47 up outta 50 for the folio and prac but the texstyle exhibition is about showing a variety of works and ones that went over the top or were really different sorta thing...it doesnt necessarily mean they are the only ones that scored full marks or close to it....the exam only counts for 25% at the end of the day ur skool mark is 50% ur polio and prac 25% and exam 25% so even if u didnt think it was that greta i wouldnt worry to much....btw who else got there major works chosen for texstyle i cant wait to see everyones

mafia

HSC
i agree on just about everything said on how crap that exam was. grrr. in Section Two; there was like NOTHING on trade agreements or marketing in the ATCFI section, and the only thing in Design was on culture so if you didn't know that you were screwed. and Properties was basically all on end use. and just TWO as well.

then the design long responce was WAY off. it just totally threw me off. so i did question 15 for that. which sucked anyway. but yeah that was screwed. five out of the six people that do textiles at our school picked question 15. what did you guys do?

sooo much to study for an exam that doesn't even assess everything that you've learnt the whole TWO YEARS. and i agree with:

"doesn't it suck that if we do badly in this exam it reflects on all the hard work we put into our majors and portfolios"

grrr. so much effort for nothing i reckon. i didn't get into texstyle but excited about seeing all the ones that did.

anyway thats enough grumbling from me.

Last edited:

boite nature

HSC
i couldnt believe the design questions were all about culture!! i was annoyed they were stupid questions. the industry ones were pretty easy though. i wasnt too keen on the theatre furnishing thing but anyway. and i was hoping for a proper design question for question 14, not just how you would make someone elses design!

elissyia

i feel like complainin coz i hated that exam.. my skool was disadvantaged bcoz we had no teacher for a whole term which stuffed us up pretty badly! i did ok in the trials n i rekon shit in this one.. goodluck to u all =o)

rotu

I just wanted to say.

I did question 14 ...

But I dont rekon it was that bad though! I did it, cos i studied so hard about printing and dyeing techniques, and I just emptied my mine of every decorative technique. Yeah. But it wasn't that bad of a question actually.

Did anyone else out there do it?

Or did everyone just dismiss it as a stupid question? =(

I hope I didn't miss the point of that question neither! lol

Anyway! Im annoyed cos the syllabus is like
<------------------------------------------------x1, 000, 000 ---------------------------------->
That big

and the exam covered like.. 2% of it

All that wasted study.

btw. CONGRATS TO EVERYONE IN TEXSTYLE! wheeee.. im gonna go and see and be like.. wowwww!

elissyia

i done question 14 too! but i think the other one was easier.. i realised that with 10 minz left to go! how annoyinn.. congrats all u who got in texstyle.. best of luck

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Omg:
Innovations and emerging textile technologies
Students learn about:
• innovations and technological advances in:
i) the use of textiles to enhance performance (2004) (2001)
– fibre, eg microfibre
– yarn, eg bicomponent
– fabric, eg washable webs
ii) machinery to improve construction or save time, eg computer linked sewing machine (2002)
iii) decorative techniques to enhance design, eg digital imaging heat transfers (2004)
iv) finishing techniques to enhance fabric performance, including soil-resistant finishes and finishing techniques for a special purpose, such as fire retardant finishes
• the advantages and disadvantages of innovations and related textile technologies on the:
– consumer
– manufacturer
– employee
– environment

Students learn to:
• identify and discuss areas of textile production that utilise new textile technologies (2003)
• investigate and use, as appropriate, a range of innovative advances in textile materials and techniques
• evaluate the impact of technological advances in machinery on the changing nature of the industry (2003)
• investigate TWO innovations in finishing techniques to determine their impact on fabric performance 2005!!!
• investigate TWO innovations in fabric, yarn or fibre development and their impact on society and the environment (2003) (2001)

:D

I did that question first. then Multiple choice (...) then from Q11 onwards. And that's where i got stuck - Qn11.

LuckY! There wasn't any qn about business things in the ATCFAI.

:D

But I think I failed. This was a weird test.

jodi_p

i did question 14 - didnt find it too bad at all. just talked about block and Digital heat transfer printing and and a few other decoration methods - freehand machine embroidery, hand emboidery, puffy paints, applique etc....

congratz on getting into texstyles. i was hoping to get in but obviously i didnt. oh well.

my culture was india - did most people do that?

overall i found it fine... as others were saying it does depend alot on teachers. were lucky we have a senior marker. :)

best of luck everyone

Emma_Jane

HSC
As far as I am concerned why did we even bother to do the syllabus, what a waste of time. There was only like a miniscule amount of stuff in the exam that was actually had to know for everything else - not happy.

I did question 14 as well - just felt like being creative with it and I didn't think that it was that bad. I also think that question 15 was quite a good question - although I chose not to do it.

I was completely disappointed that there was so much culture and no stuff on marketing and designers - the stuff that I was confident with.

Oh well I got 82% for my trial without studying until the morning of the exam, so hopefully I haven't done too badly.

Good luck with the rest of your exams.

Emma

m.a.

HSC
textiles was okay. i thought it was stupid that they focused on only culture and end use in 12 and 13. how are we supposed to show all our knowledge?
to all you ppl freaking out about not getting into textstyle, dont worry, you can get full marks and not get into texstyle. they can only take like 20 ppl's work and it has to be a range of stuff from all the areas and they dont want to take something too good or next years group will freak out! half the time the people who come first dont get in. it doesnt mean yours was crap (yes, sometimes it might, but not usually). texstyle is just the iceing on the cake - the cake is already good enough! you dont need to be in it! anyway, last years texstyle i thought was dodgy. there were only like 2 things that i thought were good!
cant wait to see this years though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)