• Got a question on how to use our new website? Check out our user guide here!

commerce (1 Viewer)

hellohowslife

HSC
Hello, I a year 10 student who would like to do some sort of commerce degree at university but I am able to choose extension maths as a year 11 subject (due to my low marks this year). Will this be an issue, since I am only able to do 2 unit maths? Also, what subjects should I aim to choose in order to be able to do a commerce degree ( or something like that).
Thanks

KingTings

HSC
2u maths is usually sufficient for most business related courses. Extension math would definitely be useful in econometrics and is probably a need in actuarial studies (you could do a bridging course if you're desperate), but is not a necessity in commerce (it isn't assumed knowledge)
USYD requires a minimum of 2u maths, and most other Uni's just ask for advanced english.
If you want to do commerce, try choose business related subjects such as Business Studies and/or Economics, maybe even legal studies if you're interested. The subjects you choose don't limit which degree you choose, but help a little bit on providing insight on whether you enjoy the field or not.
Best of luck!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do subjects that you are likely to perform well in and your school typically does well in. Ideally, they should be something you don't mind studying.

What level of maths are you currently doing in year 10? Advanced English should be chosen over Standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)