• Help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and exam papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Compressed Curriculum Schools (1 Viewer)

Emma Hoodlam

HSC
N/A
Hello,

I'm currently a year 10 student considering moving schools for year 11 when I stumbled upon compressed curriculum which has been adopted by several schools.

Would it be beneficial to move to a compressed curriculum high school? What high schools with compressed curriculum are good? As so far in my research, I have only seen high schools in lower ranks adopting compressed curriculum, so I was wondering if there are no higher ranked compressed curriculum high schools? And if so, what high schools are recommended?

Thank you,
Emma

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Hello,

I'm currently a year 10 student considering moving schools for year 11 when I stumbled upon compressed curriculum which has been adopted by several schools.

Would it be beneficial to move to a compressed curriculum high school? What high schools with compressed curriculum are good? As so far in my research, I have only seen high schools in lower ranks adopting compressed curriculum, so I was wondering if there are no higher ranked compressed curriculum high schools? And if so, what high schools are recommended?

Thank you,
Emma
If I may ask, why do you wanna move schools?

Emma Hoodlam

HSC
N/A
If I may ask, why do you wanna move schools?
I want to move schools as:

- (1) I wasn't able to get IPT at my current school as it's not running due to insufficient interest from students. I have applied for single course provision at Distance Education for IPT; however, I would prefer to do the subject normally in class with a teacher rather than Distance Education.

- (2) I simply want to move schools to start fresh as I'm not satisfied at my current school.

- (3) Also, I was particularly interested in attending a compressed curriculum high school as I like how it splits the subjects with 3 in the first year and 3 in the second year. This is as I think it would be less overwhelming and stressful as well as easier to focus on less subjects at one time.

Regarding what I posted earlier about schools with compressed curriculum, I don't think I'll be going to one of those schools anymore since I already applied for those schools and they either didn't have the subjects I wanted or I did get officially accepted to one of the schools but they said it's mandatory to do 12 units and then the Extensions would be on top so like 13 or 14 units etc., which I didn't want to do so I rejected that school. Also, they start Week 6 of Term 4 so it's too late now.

Last edited:

dumbfuck

HSC
Yeah I did compression bio last year, it was good. Was also in 2U compression but dropped to normal.

My school let people who came after the week 6 of term 4 to try it anyway and if you got above a certain amount you could stay. Obviously you would need to catch up on the work but the teacher mainly focused on y12 content.

There was no point if you didn't b6 and teach would recommend you to drop as most compression students would not focus on their y11 content but to be fair you only needed some of y11 content for y12.

Did better in y11 then y12 tbh.

Emma Hoodlam

HSC
N/A
Yeah I did compression bio last year, it was good. Was also in 2U compression but dropped to normal.

My school let people who came after the week 6 of term 4 to try it anyway and if you got above a certain amount you could stay. Obviously you would need to catch up on the work but the teacher mainly focused on y12 content.

There was no point if you didn't b6 and teach would recommend you to drop as most compression students would not focus on their y11 content but to be fair you only needed some of y11 content for y12.

Did better in y11 then y12 tbh.
Oh so did you attend a school that offers partially compressed curriculum? Would you recommend it?
Also, congratulations on the 90 in Biology!

Okay, thank you for the information. So that means there is still a possibility to join the school late and catch-up.

Any recommendations for decent high schools that deliver fully or partially compressed curriculum during senior years?

Last edited:

dumbfuck

HSC
Oh so did you attend a school that offers partially compressed curriculum? Would you recommend it?
Also, congratulations on the 90 in Biology!

Okay, thank you for the information. So that means there is still a possibility to join the school late and catch-up.

Any recommendations for decent high schools that deliver fully or partially compressed curriculum during senior years?
only know religious, non-gov schools that offer it

don't think any other gov, public, selective offer this sorta thing as they do acceleration

Emma Hoodlam

HSC
N/A
Currently, I know that these government non-selective schools in Sydney offer fully compressed curriculum:

- Strathfield South High School
- Rouse Hill High School
- Wiley Park Girls High School
- Airds High School

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)