Computer Science/Engineering without Ext. 1 Maths & Physics (1 Viewer)

Ashurbanipal

HSC
N/A
Hey guys. I want to do computer science/engineering at UNSW. However, the course has assumed knowledge of Extension 1 Maths and Physics. I don't do physics and I'm in General Maths. Can anyone tell me to what extent I'll be at a disadvantage, and how I can overcome this disadvantage? I'm planning to learn 2U Maths, Extension 1 Maths and Physics over the holidays before I start uni. I hear there are bridging courses out there, but I'm not sure which ones to take, and considering I'd have to take 3 bridging courses for these three subjects, I assume it will be very expensive. Is it even necessary to take bridging courses? I hear that there are plenty of online lectures and stuff that I can watch and learn from. I'm considering getting hold of 2u, ext. 1 and physics text books and try and teach myself the content from there over the holidays. Can anyone tell me what the best way to learn all this content is, that is the least expensive and will take the shortest time to learn? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

andrew12678

HSC
Although I'm not from UNSW, I'm currently doing a Computer Science major and I also did 1 Electrical Engineering unit as an elective (never again) in 1st year and made absolutely 0 use of my high school mathematics knowledge so I think you will be fine in terms of CompSci and Engi units. High school mathematics is quite useful for First Year Mathematics and Statistics which will probably be compulsory as part of the comp sci/engi degree. In those courses (calculus etc) 4U mathematics gives you a 5 week head start but nothing more, if you just pay attention whilst the 4U kids zone out you should be fine. I do recommend doing 2U maths at the very least tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)