Conversation - Names (1 Viewer)

Cocogal

HSC
N/A
For mine I used the director "Sir Richard Erye" - SRE and a Elizabethan audience member "George" - G

They discussed their different points of view kinda based on context.

This is for the Shakespear one

Last edited:

hgpstar

I did the Jane Eyre question so my people were Emily and Ann in the hope that the marker will think that i actually know something about Bronte because i know her sister's names....prelly not going to work. They got abbreviated to E and A after the first two lines anyway. And i kept confusing the two.

But aside from that i reckon we were blessed with that question. It was just: write enverything you can think of, but don't structure it to much. We don't want that.

So you get to put in all the silly little stuff you know about.

Emily: No, the book was out of context because Rochester was a Byronic hero and Bronte followed the styles of Keats and Thackeray, whose styles had gone out of fashion with teh romantic era.
Anne: Ahhh.

melissella

teehee i had 'wilfred' and 'alfred'. they talked really pompous, and said 'my dear fellow' and 'indeed' a lot

Jerry Springer

i used melissa and paul - i don't know how these two names came into my head since i know no one called by either of them

my friend did the conversatoin between a grandmother joan and her grand daughter katie, who argued about the different ways they saw lear ie the tradtional ie emphasis on the language and minimal props versus the contemporary like movies....i think it was an awesome idea, it's very original

Crazy

Bob and Bill

Yep original i know....Bob was sitting in front of me Bill behind :)

Bob was a homosexual giving bill shit about feminist interpretations blah blah but really i just focused on talking about staging, structure, props, language and whatever else it was through two diff ppls perspectives

thought it wasnt too bad....had heaps of time after the other two so i just kept writing and writing and writing..not really making sense but who cares :D

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
Jane and Derrick :)

[God knows where those names came from.....]

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
My two characters were Bill and Fred. I was going to have "Bill and Ted's excellent adventures", as I figured that between their hair and their time travel, they'd be able to comment pretty well on differing contexts etc. Somehow, I can't go without that name 'Fred' however.

My conversation started great;

Bill: "So... this bus to Melbourne takes 9 hours, eh?"

:)

Raider

george and philip, based on real charcters, eventually i got bored of writing their full names so i changed to G and P ;)

subcon

i did a wee wee

Mine was a conversation between the two theatre directors Peter Brook (1962) and Max Reinhardt (1908) about their different productions...Brook valued Lear as an aristolien tragedy whilst Reinhardt valued it as a patriarchial production. In terms of context, I'm not sure if I put it in, but hopefully I would have put that post-War Europe were skeptical about the tragedy of Brook's production (I dont know why...I just found notes that said it) and in 1908 Berlin, it was a repressive patriarchial society anyway, so they loved the fact that Lear fucked everyone over! Yippee! Bring on Legal and English Extension One

KitKat

Originally posted by jenster
hrmmm i was a little less inventive.
i used person one and person two
lol me too :) i just put P1 and P2.

we did the speeches, and i had person 1 taking the view that the language was the most important feature, and person 2 thinking themes were more important and pretty much being shown the error of their ways (which i realised was probably not the greatest idea after about a page)

mememe!

Im going with person 1 and person 2 as well! Very uncreative I know!! But at least I wasn't the only one!!
Keep Smling :)

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
I used three letter names so i could write more :p

Bob and Sue.

Zarnow

i used sherryl and berryl... only cause i have a ridiculous obsession with yobbo names... no offence to the people that have those names...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)