Coop Bookshop (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
So, has everyone received the email, promoting 15% off for a limited time?

I still think thats pretty stingy, considering the fact they increase the prices of their books, although they are a "cooperative" :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was just wondering whether anyone had an inside scoop as to whether they'll be doing the 25% off closer to semester? I saved big bucks last semester when they did this, and I'm really, really hoping for a repeat.

Oh, why did you have to quit Rob! :p

Also, where has Text in the City disappeared? Their site doesnt work anymore :(

X

xeuyrawp

Ebay/online for the win.

I got all this semester's books from it, eg yesterday's $100 book in mint condition for $40 incl. postage from ebay.

And I really wish some rogue businessman/vigilanti started selling course notes for cost price.

Sites I can recommend, although I'd recommend comparing prices (obviously):

- ebay (also do a store search),
- less10.com,
- booktopia,
- Abbey's,
- Kinokunia.

Then again, this is coming from a humanities point of view. People who do science or commerce or something might have to stick to the Coop. :(

Edit: Also, for all the new people, check with other people who have done the course. You may not need a book at all, it frequently happens when lecturer's push their own/their friend's books. Sometimes, photocopying from reserve is sufficient.

Eg the AHST101 Mythology book - you could get away with photocopying and borrowing. Or borrow my copy off me. :eek:

Double edit: if anyone drops by the Coop, could they look at the course notes shop for the HIST359 reader and tell me if they have them in? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Eg the AHST101 Mythology book - you could get away with photocopying and borrowing. Or borrow my copy off me. :eek:
Or not have one at all....and never see what the fuck they're talking about :p

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Does da textbooks in our uni's coop sell in other places? Like Dymocks, Borders, Kinokuniya?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
Does da textbooks in our uni's coop sell in other places? Like Dymocks, Borders, Kinokuniya?
theres a textbook shop near macquarie university
forgot the name
but yeh it sells some textbooks at co op

X

xeuyrawp

sukiyaki said:
forgot the name
Text in the City, but it may have closed down, according to MJ.

Asylum said:
Or not have one at all....and never see what the fuck they're talking about :p
Trust me, you really didn't miss anything. I think I read one chapter out of it, and it was in preparation for the exam.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Text in the City, but it may have closed down, according to MJ.

Trust me, you really didn't miss anything. I think I read one chapter out of it, and it was in preparation for the exam.
Haha yeah, well they had a shortage when I did it, so there was about 15 of us who had nothing, and when it finally came in (2 weeks prior to exams) I was like meh rofl

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i have noooo idea,

i dont think im ever gunna buy books anymore unless i plan to use it in the future, i used to buy my books all brand new :s lol

i plan on "borrowing" this semester from mates n stuff

prusso

HSC
is the 15% off additional or not

cos i could of sworn i got 25% off last semester on my mktg book

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i don't buy textbooks anymore. unless i really need them. some of those books would be cheaper to photocopy in total than the buy the real thing. i didn't get the email. didn't they have 15% off for the whole of last semester? and yeah prusso they had like a day or a week where they gave 25% off.

prusso

HSC
so in terms of the discount, as co op members we get an additional 5% for this 1 week

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
sukiyaki said:
forgot the name
Is it da one in Marsifield? Wat's da address???

X

xeuyrawp

I would be unfair for me to reproduce the sign in any other than the original fashion:

course notes for semester 2 are
NOT up

incase any of you can't read, the 'not' is underlined.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha. i wonder how many times they got asked that question.
it's still pissing me off that they can't list the text list on the net, or even on the window. i was there so copied down the books but don't know where the paper is. i think the guy there knows me by face so i'm not going back anytime soon.

buddys

HSC
iab are you talking about the texts or just notes?

because i just checked the coop website and they have the Mq sem 2 texts online.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
texts
omg really?!
*frantically goes to coop website*
they're up!! thanks!!!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up!!

This must mean Text in the City has died - because they were the reason why Coop wasn't putting the texts up last semester.

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
This must mean Text in the City has died - because they were the reason why Coop wasn't putting the texts up last semester.
Yeah. I still don't understand that.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
MaryJane said:
That's interesting then, Texts In the City has gone. That would also explain why coop is having a limited time only 15% off - last time they did the promotions because of the other shop, and kept the 15% off for the whole semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)