corequisites (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
what are corequisites? I am trying to enrol in a unit and apparently i dont meet the required corequisite, but what does this mean because i thought prerequisites are the units you had to have done in order to do another.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
that is what i thought but how is that possible when they are offered in different semesters?!?! This was it makes it a prerequisite but thats just stupid especially considering they are different subjects ie mas and cul. GRR i had everything all planned out and it seems like things are going to screw over.

^___^
HSC
err..

ok, might have a different definition then..best thing to do is email e-student and the unit convenor(or dean of the faculty)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hmm thanks might have to do that. Its bullshit, i hate estudent.

gman03

HSC
co-requiste is just mean a subject that have to be studied before or concurrent with another subject...

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
mas105

yeah i realise that but the thing is, they are offered in seperate semester... so that isnt possible so really it is a prerequisite then? That sucks big fat cock i say.

on that nate, does anyone know when academic advice is available on campus for enrollment and stuff? Or do you just suggest me going in and talking to them some time in the break?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh, MAS105.

Yeah, my friend ended up failing CUL100, passing MAS104, and couldnt do 105, so had to do CUL100 again this year.

I think they stuck the co-requisite in due to the failure rate within CUL100, and because of the fact it is a first year core for all media, they try to restrict the numbers somewhat. Although thats all speculation.

Im not sure they'll be there during the break, but usually anywhere between the first 2-3 weeks would be the best time to do it.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hmmm...
so do you think i have a chance if i apply for a waiver and explain why it hasnt been done yet etc etc? They probably dont give a shit but i guess waivers are there for a reason, no harm in trying. When can you start putting waiver forms in?

Also, does anyone know what a gpa of 2.5 is on average?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*~Dazed~* said:
hmmm...
so do you think i have a chance if i apply for a waiver and explain why it hasnt been done yet etc etc? They probably dont give a shit but i guess waivers are there for a reason, no harm in trying. When can you start putting waiver forms in?

Also, does anyone know what a gpa of 2.5 is on average?
In between Credit and Pass.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
haha fuck off jezzmo

ok thanks for that asylum... just trying to figure out whether its even worth it for me to completely ignore my current degree requirements and just do stuff towards the new one because if i dont get the gpa im fucked... but that should be fine. Thanks.

Hey sorry about posing more questions... but do you think its worth trying to transfer at the end of the year through uac? Like what do they take into consideration seeing as though my hsc was 2003. And also, will i get credit for all the other subjects i have done. Like the core, 4 electives at 100 level and then 2 electives ar 200? Like will i be able to apply to use all of them in the degree i want to go into?

Sorry

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
haha fuck off jezzmo

ok thanks for that asylum... just trying to figure out whether its even worth it for me to completely ignore my current degree requirements and just do stuff towards the new one because if i dont get the gpa im fucked... but that should be fine. Thanks.

Hey sorry about posing more questions... but do you think its worth trying to transfer at the end of the year through uac? Like what do they take into consideration seeing as though my hsc was 2003. And also, will i get credit for all the other subjects i have done. Like the core, 4 electives at 100 level and then 2 electives ar 200? Like will i be able to apply to use all of them in the degree i want to go into?

Sorry
It depends what u want to transfer into.. if it's another degree at macquarie uni ... its better to transfer internally than through uac... and yes the subjects you've already done will count towards your new degree.... in terms of credit points... however it still means that you have to do ALL the cores for the new degree.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Actually, it depends on how well you did during your HSC and how well you performed in uni, since its 50% UAI + 50% GPA = NSRL. The thing is that NSRL cutoff is usually a lot lower for things like media.

Internal transfer for media is a tad of a bitch, so that why i went through UAC.

And as far as i know, all my previous units counted as electives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)