Cotton On clothing (1 Viewer)

drunkontea

HSC
Hi all! I was just wondering how much casuals get paid working at cotton on. I get paid 17/h at a call centre but that place is just driving me nuts. Hoping cotton on pays as good as that!

= Jennifer =

HSC
yeah it's the award rate which can be calculated on the office of industrial relations website.

They called me up for a group interview for their burwood store, but the kids one. I would really prefer the adult one.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
kaitie said:
Hey I worked at cotton on for a while.
When I was 17 I got paid 9.50 an hour- the pay is pretty shite..

Good luck.
Ouch...that's almost not worth it.

Having said that, everybody starts low, before their wage expectations increase. I started at $11 an hour for food related work at 18, but I wouldn't accept anything below 20/hr nowadays.

family22

HSC
N/A
cotton on are one of the worst companies i have ever worked for.

they expect you to drop everything to work for them when they ask on the day you have to work - some people do have plans, and pay you a minimal pathetic rate

they expect you to push charity items and promotions and sales to these poor people who only want to buy a pair of socks. its just demoralising.

they change managers in their stores every 5 seconds so when there is no manager in the store you are expected to take the role on as manager. you do that and are only paid minimum wage to do a managers role - but then you are given a warning for leaving the back door not perfectly shut one day because you had to run to process a sale because you had no workers with you at the time. you are never thanked by anyone for taking on such a big responsibility. no acknowledgement what so ever

regional managers call you at 11.30pm when you are in bed sleeping to get the end of day results bc they didn't write them down when you rung them through earlier that night

managers rostered days on are for ever changing so you can never plan to go out in the weekend to much in advance bc they'll only change again

cover shifts for lunch breaks etc are only 2 hours long - so you are in store by yourself all day. its a hassle to get someone from another when you need to go to the toilet and its lonely and boring.

they have the same repetitive cds playing all the time.

and the latest thank you i have is my hours are being cut to make way for new casuals. from 12 hrs a week to 4 hrs a week. which i certainly am not going to get by on.

all you are is cheap labour to clean their stores and push sales of their bad quality items.

Barney_Stinson

HSC
rotton on are scum

had a casual position there over xmas a few years ago

had to wear a beach towel around my neck the whole dam shift

had to be a pushy asshole trying to get customers to buy crap they don't want ie ugly beach towels

had to listen to the manager tell me to be more enthusiastic when approaching customers ( oh im sorry if its my first shift and i don't quite get everything yet)

managers have a certain smugness about them ...... like they've really acheived something in life.....stfu you work at cotton on and you're 28 and you'll probably be moved on soon anyways

and best of all after they made me buy $100 worth of cotton on crap they gave me 2 shifts and said they didn't need me anymore

Lydia_88

HSC
Adding onto the rant, and by agreeing with Barney and family22, do NOT ever work for them!

I was only there for xmas time and my second shift was cut in half....

freaksoutalot

HSC
from the sounds of this cotton on is fairly crap to work for, id reconmend working for the just jeans group, jay jays, just jeans, portmans, jacquie e, dotti, smiggle, peter alexander, excellent environment, great corporate and good pay im getting $17 base at 18 years old and from that i also get extra on sundays and when im doing manager shifts

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
I got a call back from them, after applying online, but i needed 24/5 availability as a casual.. just couldnt do that.. meh sounds like it sucks there anyway LOL

luckyslevin

HSC
I have to disagree, with all of your posts here. First of all the pay rate for a teenager as far as i am aware is between 16 and 18 dollars. I started off as a xmas casual and was revieving up to 6 days a week over the christmas period and then when they contract was up they decided to keep me on. now i am getting 3 days a week which is still okay considering that they have to follow a budget for the casuals hence why you dont get fulltime hours. so there is no need to complain about getting no work when realisticly it IS a CASUAL position. also yeah they do encourage you to do your best to sell charity items and extra promotions but that is all part of having a job. its wouldnt be a job if you sat around nothing would it!! so at the end of the day if you are expecting to walk into a job that doesnt give you goals and boundarys.. well good luck with that. so far i am loving working there. its a GREAT discount, the people are awesome and its a fun and challenging environment.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Work for big w. I do and it is pretty good. Pay isn't great (12.50/hr at 17yrs) but pretty awesome because you aren't treatedckike shit

Examine

same
HSC
I have to disagree, with all of your posts here. First of all the pay rate for a teenager as far as i am aware is between 16 and 18 dollars. I started off as a xmas casual and was revieving up to 6 days a week over the christmas period and then when they contract was up they decided to keep me on. now i am getting 3 days a week which is still okay considering that they have to follow a budget for the casuals hence why you dont get fulltime hours. so there is no need to complain about getting no work when realisticly it IS a CASUAL position. also yeah they do encourage you to do your best to sell charity items and extra promotions but that is all part of having a job. its wouldnt be a job if you sat around nothing would it!! so at the end of the day if you are expecting to walk into a job that doesnt give you goals and boundarys.. well good luck with that. so far i am loving working there. its a GREAT discount, the people are awesome and its a fun and challenging environment.
Obviously an employee for Cotton on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)