Cramming success stories? (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
Last term, I had an English extension essay at 8:00 am. Waking up early that morning, I quickly flipped through a booklet the teacher gave us and jotted down themes and quotes that I was going to talk about several times to remember them. I was literally trembling when I walked in because I felt so unprepared but as soon as I saw the question, my bs skills came out in full swing and I wrote a solid 4 (note pad) pages. In the end, I got 18/20, which was 1st in the class. Yes, cramming works as you have seen from the numerous examples above, but personally, it made me feel so stressed and horrible I will never take it to that extreme again.

Focus is Key

HSC
Last term, I had an English extension essay at 8:00 am. Waking up early that morning, I quickly flipped through a booklet the teacher gave us and jotted down themes and quotes that I was going to talk about several times to remember them. I was literally trembling when I walked in because I felt so unprepared but as soon as I saw the question, my bs skills came out in full swing and I wrote a solid 4 (note pad) pages. In the end, I got 18/20, which was 1st in the class. Yes, cramming works as you have seen from the numerous examples above, but personally, it made me feel so stressed and horrible I will never take it to that extreme again.
I did a similar thing for my English Ext 1 trial yesterday. Just flipped through notes and re-wrote stuff and couple of times and thought I was going to forget everything. I think I did well though :)

coonsmell

HSC
N/A
Contemplating whether I should do an all-nighter. I've got maths tomorrow and it's worked before.

Anyone in the same boat?

sammie293

HSC
I only had half my crime notes and HR notes written out for my Legal trial. Wrote very sketchy notes on family and half of crime three days before (with a lot of procrastination as my family were home). Had 5 hours sleep before the exam, went in and almost cried because everyone was writing heaps and I had no idea what to write, came out with 92%

bhsrepresent

HSC
crammed my modern history essay on the night before (2000 words started at 11pm - didn't sleep) - 24/25
crammed my business half yearly morning of - read the syllabus and memorized key definitions/ vocabulary - 99%
currently cramming my trials (memorising 3 module essays atm)

HSC bullshitting is an art.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
After a range of technological failures for another subject that had an assessment due the same day, I started preparing for my two chemistry essays at 2am until 5am. HT of english wanted to send me home period 1 as it was the 2nd night in a row i pulled an allnighter and looked/felt like shit but my essay and presentation was periods 3&4. This was the last day of Term 2.

Anyway did my two essays and the presentation living off 3 red bulls, and have been dreading getting these results for four fucking weeks. Got them today. 25/25 for the essays, 10/10 for summaries, 9/10 for presentation (understandable, probably slurred my words). Topped my year. Feeling ecstatic.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
In grade 11 science, I was the worst student you could imagine. I didn't do any work, didn't study for the tests, didn't listen in class, never read notes or anything. As you could imagine, my grades were pretty poor, and I was failing a lot of the class tests. So for the end of the year exam, I had put all my effort into my other subjects, and literally only studied for science for 45 minutes the night before. I ended up getting all B's, which isn't brilliant, but believe me it was a massive improvement.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Two hours of study for business studies over the past 2 terms leading up to the trials, got 15/20, 38/40, 17/20 out of the sections marked so far. (I have 12 units, so it was pre much a wing)

On another note, has anyone managed to successfully remember all 5 responses for english? Or should I be asking what is the maximum word retention that some one can have?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Two hours of study for business studies over the past 2 terms leading up to the trials, got 15/20, 38/40, 17/20 out of the sections marked so far. (I have 12 units, so it was pre much a wing)

On another note, has anyone managed to successfully remember all 5 responses for english? Or should I be asking what is the maximum word retention that some one can have?
broski 17/20, 34/40, 19/20 so far. Did about the same amount of study as you.

Remember all 5 responses, what are you, a rote learner or something?

Omed?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
ask any1 who goes to selective who doesn't have a passion for english, how they get good marks.

TigerMaster

HSC
A teacher smile at me after prelim exam because I went from 18/30 in my first IPT assessment to 2nd in my final prelim. Little does he know, I only study the day before about 2 hours........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)