Crime Fiction: Skull Beneath The Sking (Relatively Urgent) (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I haven't read Skull Beneath the Skin completely. I mean, I've read half of it...but I'm currently limping through it. I have my trials in a few weeks with an assessment due in next week on P.D. James' masterpiece, and I really don't know enough about it to write a proper essay on it.

What I'm asking (make that pleading) for at the moment is some hints on stuff to write about, some points to make, etc. I really have no idea. I can write well once I get going and I'll be fine (I got 86% in my half yearlies without even knowing what the text was about) but I need some starting points so I can formulate an essay for the trials.

Can anybody help me out? I reward with kisses.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
This is extension, so you really should have been prepared, but some things to focus on, is how the Golden Age subgenre is manipulated - something that is really good to look at for that is a certain interview with P.D James where the talk about values, order and genre. The british class system is another important aspect. However since you *do* have the time, read all of it through, read that interview(which any crime fic teacher worth their salt should have given out, if you havent got it pm me and I'll see if I can dig it up), and then come up with a more specific question to ask here.
EDIT: http://hsc.csu.edu.au/english/extension1/genre/crime_fiction/crime/crime_5.html
^look at that too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)