Cruel Malaysians dumped 300 Dogs in deserted island (1 Viewer)

MissSarajevo

HSC
300 dogs dumped on Malaysia islands eat each other

By SEAN YOONG – 6 hours ago
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — More than 300 stray dogs that were dumped on isolated islands turned to cannibalism after weeks of starvation, animal welfare activists said Thursday.

The plight of the dogs cast away by villagers on two small, uninhabited islands off Malaysia's western Selangor state ignited outrage after activists this week released photographs showing dogs eating the carcasses of ones that had died.

Residents of a fishing village on Pulau Ketam, another island off Selangor, caught the dogs last month and took them to the islands covered in mangroves. The villagers said they never intended to be cruel — they believed the dogs could feed on the deserted islands' wildlife — but wanted to rid their island of dogs that defecate on the streets and sometimes bite children.

A team from the Selangor Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals visited one of the islands — Pulau Selat Kering — on Monday and saw several emaciated dogs "crowded and hunched around something — they were hungrily feasting on the remains of another dog," the SPCA said in a statement.
"Nearby, a weak dog was screaming because several dogs were trying to bite her," it said.

Volunteers have so far rescued two dogs and left food for the others, said SPCA official Jacinta Johnson. They estimate 200 might have survived. Activists would also try to rescue any dogs left on the other island, Pulau Tengah.
Pulau Ketam's residents have said some dogs tried to swim back to their island, about a half-hour boat ride away, but it was not clear how many succeeded
The Associated Press: 300 dogs dumped on Malaysia islands eat each other

:burn:

andyMUFFINS

HSC
Nah, the Malaysians dumping 300 dogs on a deserted island :\

Honestly, that's pretty random o_O

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Nah, the Malaysians dumping 300 dogs on a deserted island :\

Honestly, that's pretty random o_O
not really.
The villagers said they never intended to be cruel — they believed the dogs could feed on the deserted islands' wildlife — but wanted to rid their island of dogs that defecate on the streets and sometimes bite children.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
doesn't sound like a case of conscious cruelty imo - sounds more like they actually (and reasonably) thought that they could survive as wild dogs on an uninhabited island. sad that it turned out that way though.

MissSarajevo

HSC
There are children dying in these developing countries. That is if Malaysia is still a developing country since I last I checked. People in some areas are dirt poor. People steal dogs which they barbeque and people die from eating too much of Vitamin B which is from the dog meat. Sorry, but I have no heart for these dogs, well animal activists. It would be nice if money donated and spent on animal activisim would be used to fix countries pillaged by Imperialism, Facisim and Dictatorships. Excuse me if the vitamin was incorrect - I'm going off my memory.
Right yeah Malysians are dirt POOR because of british colonialism bwa ha ha. why dont you chinks take responsibility and stop blaming the west for your shitty 3rd world poor trash living conditions.

dp624

HSC
this is pretty lol
in a cruelly weird way

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
There are children dying in these developing countries. That is if Malaysia is still a developing country since I last I checked. People in some areas are dirt poor. People steal dogs which they barbeque and people die from eating too much of Vitamin B which is from the dog meat. Sorry, but I have no heart for these dogs, well animal activists. It would be nice if money donated and spent on animal activisim would be used to fix countries pillaged by Imperialism, Facisim and Dictatorships. Excuse me if the vitamin was incorrect - I'm going off my memory.
I think you're thinking of polar bears and vitamin A, but nice try.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Nutritionists recommend eating dog as part of a balanced diet and regular exercise.

MissSarajevo

HSC
First off I'm not Chinese so keep your racisim to your self. I am British, but that is none of your business. I was refering to countries pillaged by the west. Namely Africa.

I'd like to point out that Malaysia was used for resources and etc, for Britian and as a buffer and troop base during WWII. The natives peoples were also used as a special unit.

My main quarrel is that people in first world countries constantly jump on band wagons, and well quite frankly I think their money would be put to better use by helping out countries that their countries and aligned allies took over and exploited. If Aboriginals of Australia are getting compensation, why isn't the better off Commonwealth countries and Western countries helping out more for say Africa? I'm pointing out the flaws in morals, where by people feel like they're doing a good thing by donating to animals and save the wales causes. Many of these people have children, yet they have more sympathy for animals than starving children and poor people in the previously mentioned countries.

Why is a human life worse less than that of a dog? a animal breed for companionship and labour. Why should children and people be punished for being "insuperior" in the eyes of the west?

I'm not saying animal life is worthless, but humans, our species is suffering in worse conditions. Yes animals have the right to be saved, but do not humans have more?
What does Africa has to do with 300 dogs dumped by Malaysians to die?

So you are saying British used Malays during the 2nd world war therefore it is our fault that 300 dogs are dumped in a deserted island to die?

How do you know people who wanted to save dogs and whales do not donate money to save starving african kids?

Muimo

HSC
What does Africa has to do with 300 dogs dumped by Malaysians to die?

So you are saying British used Malays during the 2nd world war therefore it is our fault that 300 dogs are dumped in a deserted island to die?

How do you know people who wanted to save dogs and whales do not donate money to save starving african kids?
You've been owned.

Stop being a moronic bitch, you understand exactly the point she's making.

MissSarajevo

HSC
You've been owned.

Stop being a moronic bitch, you understand exactly the point she's making.
LOL @ fake account to support yourself.

And yes I completely understand your point which has NOTHING to do with 300 dogs dumped by malaysians to die in a remote island.

:haha:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Dude, thats not my fake account. it was made in like 2008?
Anywho, it does have something to do with that as im critiquing the fact that activists are jumping on the animal cruetly bandwagon for these dogs. Many of these Malaysian people on the islands are living in poverty....hmmm let me see, feed their hungry children or some dogs....oooo tough question. Better yet, why dont they start a school to train these dogs then? HAHAHAAH.
I can see it now.

Why would they keep the dogs given their circumstances?

Btw I'm also pointing out how the west bitterly and hypocritically judges non-western countries.

if you've been keeping on tabs with the news, you'd know t hat the activists are trying to save the dogs and I believe they have already resuced two.

(excuse the spelling, I cbf)
So you are saying we Should not save animals nor sypathise with the plight of Animals dumped to die iin a deserted Island because some malaysian kids are starving as a result of British colonisation of Malaysia some 40 years ago, therefore it is our fault and we should not blame them huh?

The most pathetic excuse to justify the cruelty of these people.

Istead of letting those 300 dogs to starve to death in the most brutal way, there are better solutions even for poor starving Malaysians. According to the article Animal activists are quite happy to take them away from their Island.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)