Cut offs 2007 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
holy cow

B Creative Arts Int Studies has gone down to 85?!?!

It was 95 back when I applied... ouch

Never mind, if lower UAI's indicate decreased level of popularity, getting a parking spot at uni will be easier :D I'm down with that!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha, except for the problem that the number of students will stay the same, grr, they need to keep cut-offs constant and then we'll get less students and so more parking, yey!

oh and this, it's a 2007 issue, i don't want to make another thread, i've gone a bit post-happy tonight.

they're getting lazy and cheap, i would have waited for my invoice. just like they apparently don't send out exam results anymore (but i got one second semester last year)
Dear Student

As part of the University’s commitment to continually improve services for students, from 2007, students will be able to view and print their Statement of Outstanding Charges online from eStudent/My Finances/Outstanding Debt.

Click on “View my current debts” and then “View my Statement of Outstanding Charges”.

Since students now have the ability to view and print their Statement of Outstanding Charges online the University will no longer be mailing out Tax Invoices.

From 2007 you will be required to access eStudent in order to obtain your Statement of Outstanding Charges to enable payment before the due date specified on your statement. Please note that a $200 late payment fee will be incurred on all payments made after the due date.

In exceptional circumstances Tax Invoices will be made available upon request by emailing:- student_fees@mq.edu.au.

Macquarie Graduate School of Management will continue to forward Tax Invoices to students enrolled in their programs in 2007.
edit: when do we have to pay fees by? it's census date for all students isn't it? i don't have an invoice up there yet. i'd much prefer that they send it to us.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MQ is offering DFEE courses and increasing numbers for the first time in 2007, which would account for the drops, more places.

prusso

HSC
wtf bba.bit 85 sigh!!! dropped 10 marks in 3 yrs

^___^
HSC
i think the advance degree lets you do research earlier, and you overload like a motherfucker in the first 2 sem???

Rainbow Joanna

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I was just wondering, whats this B Arts (advanced) degree that sydney has? it looks just like an arts degree with a very high uai (98)?
Many people who get a high uai marks are just sheeps that like to choose their futures depending on the cut-offs. Sad really, then again to some the Uai is abit more like a gift voucher and that means using every last mark of it to decide what course SUITS them!! What a bunch of Paris Hilton tarts if you ask me.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

I was surprised when I made it into my first preference which was 97.xx last year and dropped dramatically this year 95.xx

^___^
HSC
pLuvia said:
I was surprised when I made it into my first preference which was 97.xx last year and dropped dramatically this year 95.xx

oooh, another actuarial studies student...

are you going to major in maths, stat or comp sci?

P

pLuvia

... said:
oooh, another actuarial studies student...

are you going to major in maths, stat or comp sci?
I don't know if I'm going to go to MACQ lol, but if I were most probably maths

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
no way! Heaps of things have gone down.

Barchitecture 90 at UNSW. I remember Architecture was my first choice after yr12.
Barts 80 at maq? wasnt it once 85?
Yeah, my year of Arts was 85. It's been going down ever since.

Bancient history (honours) 83. i remember that was new when i started, so it didnt have a uai, but i think it was 88-90 at one stage.
In my year (when BAs were 85), it was 88. I think it was only 81 last year, so it means this year it's more popular again! :D Especially considering how much everything's dropped.

I can't believe Law's 93. My year was 96. The difference between 93 and 96 is pretty big. I think it've very indicative of what's to come.

Hopefully it'll drop below UWS' 90, so the uni realises how unpopular it's become. Just spending about 5 minutes during my break at the open day Law talks showed me all I needed to know - a) people are unimpressed by the department, and b) people are unimpressed by the two first year units. Like some bright spark said in the question time, they need substantive units in first year.

Edit:
AsyLum said:
MQ is offering DFEE courses and increasing numbers for the first time in 2007, which would account for the drops, more places.
True, dat. However the DFEE BA/LLB entrance was 87 in 2006. And that was when CSP was still 96 -- who knows what the DFEE for law is now, probably something like 84. That's pretty shit (less than BAs in my year...), and, again, indicative that Croucher needs to pull her thumb out of her ass and revamp the whole department and course.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
True, dat. However the DFEE BA/LLB entrance was 87 in 2006. And that was when CSP was still 96 -- who knows what the DFEE for law is now, probably something like 84. That's pretty shit (less than BAs in my year...), and, again, indicative that Croucher needs to pull her thumb out of her ass and revamp the whole department and course.
Croucher is no longer the Dean, and from all reports has not been acting in a Dean's capacity for quite some time (long before the official announcement).

The Atherton/Croucher years have seen a major revamp in the Law School and gets my respect. Some achievements include:

* Consolidation of the Macquarie Law Journal, as well as the introduction of 3 other academic journals.

* The introduction of 4 academic "centres" within the Division.

* Hiring David Spencer, the Australian academic of the year.

There are many things that need improving, but the most serious I feel is the creation of an actual law school, instead of the monstrosity that is W3A.

They say USYD teaches law you can only find in judgements, UNSW teaching law found in the real world (in particular commerce) and Macquarie teaching law that won't come into existence for another 30 years from now - after the revolution.

If only it was still cool to be dirt poor, reading Kerouac, living in your parents basement but with a billion ideas about how to save the world from itself, Macquarie Law would be the number one choice. hehe.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)